Jackson LTD Wildcard Series Soloist SL2FM, Ebony Fingerboard, Transparent Black Burst
Jackson LTD Wildcard Series Soloist SL2FM, Ebony Fingerboard, Transparent Black Burst Overview.
Imagine our innovative and high-tech Jackson Soloist model on steroids. That’s what you have here with the Limited Edition Wildcard Series Soloist™ SL2FM, featuring upgrades that are typically found only on Custom Shop models.
Cutting an elegant figure, the SL2FM features an ergonomically contoured alder body and flame maple top in a Transparent Black Burst finish with masked-off natural binding and color matched pointy headstock. The neck-through-body construction design improves sustain and intonation and features an attractive and rock-solid five-piece maple/wenge/maple/wenge/maple neck with graphite reinforcement and a painted gloss to natural satin gradient finish on the back for smooth playability.
Hosting 24 jumbo frets and an outlined pearloid sharkfin at the 12th fret, its 12”-16” compound radius bound ebony fingerboard is designed for highly technical lightspeed playing—more curved by the nut for comfortable chording, it flattens out as you move up the neck for increasingly fast playing speed and wide bends without fretting out. For the touring musicians, Luminlay® side dots provide fret guidance even on the darkest of stages, while a conveniently-placed heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel makes neck relief tweaks a breeze.
A pair of multi-voiced Fishman® Fluence® Modern PRF-MHB pickups are directly mounted to the body for improved vibration transfer. This re-imagined set delivers the most sought-after humbucking tones, from modern active pickup sounds to super-hot high-output humbucking tones. Explore this instrument’s versatile voice with three-way toggle switch, single volume control and tone control with push/pull knob to switch from an active to passive tone for more dynamic picking attack.
Resetting the bar of what’s possible in guitar design, this limited edition SL2FM also comes with a Floyd Rose® Original double-locking tremolo bridge system, Gotoh® sealed die-cast tuners, Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons and brooding black hardware.
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss
- Body Shape Soloist™
- Neck Material 5-Piece Maple/Wenge/Maple/Wenge/Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss to Satin
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets 24
- Frets Size Jumbo
- String Nut Floyd Rose® Original Locking
- Nut Width 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays Outlined Pearloid Sharkfin at 12th Fret
- Bridge Pickup Fishman® Fluence® Modern PRF-MHB-CK1
- Neck Pickup Fishman® Fluence® Modern PRF-MHB-AK1
- Controls Volume, Tone (with Push/Pull Activation to Switch Between Voice 1 and 2)
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HH
- Bridge Floyd Rose® Original Double-Locking Tremolo
- Hardware Finish Black
- Tuning Machines Gotoh® Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickguard None
- Control Knobs Dome-Style
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)