Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK3, Natural Ash
Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK3 Natural overview by GAK
New for 2017, Jackson introduces an alternate take on this classic shape, featuring the same great appointments with all-new pickups. Built with an HSS pickup configuration, the Pro Series Dinky DK3 is a metal monster. The JB TB-4 humbucking bridge pickup outputs revved up warm and aggressive harmonics, balanced with the perfect mix of sustain and distortion, and is the ideal complement to the all-new Strat SSL-6 single-coil middle and neck pickups, which add sparkly tones and glassy cleans for a versatile sound that can take you from blues to metal. Master volume and tone controls shape the pickups’ output, which can be further refined with the five-position blade switch for the precise voice required to bring your musical vision to life, while a recessed Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo bridge provides incredible sustain. Other top-of-the-line features include an ash body, one-piece bolt-on maple neck (hand-rubbed urethane gel back finish) with scarf joint and graphite reinforcement rods, a 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and offset dot inlays, and a convenient thumbwheel truss rod butt adjust.
Available in a Natural Ash satin finish with all-black hardware and a matching Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock.
REAL NECK-THROUGH CONSTRUCTION AND WRAP-AROUND BOLT-ONS
Jackson Pro series instruments are exactly that—pro-level guitars for pro-level players. Neck-through-body models feature hand-rubbed oil neck finishes and graphite neck reinforcement rods for the ultimate in sleek playability and rock-solid sustain and stability. Bolt-on-neck models feature an innovative “wrap-around” three-bolt neck joint with remarkable strength, style and feel.
FLOYD ROSE® TREMOLOS, COMPENSATED JACKSON HI-MASS HARD-TAIL AND STRING-THROUGH BRIDGES
Jackson Pro series guitars are built with the very best parts for pro tone, stability and durability for stage and studio alike. Nowhere is this more evident than the bridge. Pro series guitars feature Floyd Rose® 1000 Series tremolos, Jackson Hi-Mass hard-tail and string-through bridges.
Pro series models feature compound-radius fingerboards. Jackson pioneered the use of this innovative design, in which the fingerboard gradually flattens toward the heel from its more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for comfortable and natural-feeling chording and riffing near the nut, with optimal shred articulation and bending nearer the heel.
GORGEOUS JACKSON STYLE
Pro series models present Jackson players with an alluring assortment of stylistic features and options. These include ebony, maple and rosewood fingerboards; sharkfin, offset-dot and “piranha” fingerboard inlays; deep solid colors and beautifully figured tops; and, of course, the classic Jackson six-in-line headstock.
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- -Hardware Finish: Black
- -Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges
- -Case/Gig Bag: Optional Gig Bag (p/n 2991512106)
- -Other Features: Thumbwheel Truss Rod Butt Adjust
- -Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane Gel
- -Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- -Frets: 24, Jumbo
- -Position Inlays: Offset dots
- -Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® FRT 02000 Locking, 1.6875” (42.8 mm)
- -Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- -Scale Length: 25.5” (64.8 cm)
- -Bridge: Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- -Pickguard: None
- -Pickups: Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 Humbucking (Bridge),
- -Seymour Duncan® Custom Flat Strat® SSL-6 Single-Coil (Middle and Neck)
- -Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade, Pos. 1. Bridge Only, Pos. 2 Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Pos. 3 Neck Pickup and Bridge Outer Coil,
- Pos. 4 Middle Pickup and Neck Pickup, Pos. 5 Neck Pickup Only
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone