Jackson Pro Series Rhoads RR24, Maul Crackle
Jackson’s first customer was the legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads, who asked the company to create a model that met the demands of his technically-challenging playing along with visual panache. His famed Rhoads model has continued to evolve ever since in order to meet and exceed the needs of players who came of age listening to his groundbreaking work.
A proud claimant to the throne of high-tech guitars, the Jackson®Pro Series Rhoads RR24 Crackle pairs a basswood body to a through-body maple neck with a pair of graphite rods for reinforcement against the assaults of temperature and humidity. The speedy neck profile is engineered for blazing guitar work, removing any obstacles to fleet-fingered playing and granting easier access to the upper frets. A 12”-16” compound radius bound ebony fingerboard is also engineered for highly technical lightspeed playing—more curved by the nut for comfortable chording, it flattens out as you move up the neck for increasingly fast playing speed and wide bends without fretting out.
Direct mount Seymour Duncan® JB TB-4 bridge and Seymour Duncan ’59 SH-1N neck pickups combine for an incredibly versatile voice, from searing heavy tones with hot-rodded output to creamy leads and thick rhythms with plenty of definition. Three-way pickup toggle switching, single volume and single tone knobs provide flexible tonal control, while the Floyd Rose® 1000 Series double-locking tremolo system allows for distinguished flutters and aggressive dive bombs without losing tuning stability.
The most recognizable of Jackson’s myriad offerings, the Pro RR24 Crackle boasts the familiar aesthetics that keep Jackson axes in high-demand for performing guitarists. From the screaming-metal Lightning or Maul Crackle finish, pearloid sharkfin inlays, reverse pointed 6-in-line color matched crackle headstock and revolutionary body design, this instrument is very distinctly a Jackson creation.
Jackson guitars don’t just push the envelope, they annihilate it
- Body Shape:Rhoads
- Body Material:Basswood
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Construction:Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish:Gloss Color Matched
- Fingerboard:Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets:24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays:Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width):Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock:Reverse Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines:Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length:25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod:Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge:Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickups:Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 (Bridge)Seymour Duncan® ‘59™ SH-1N (Neck)
- Pickup Switching:3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls:Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs:Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish:Black
- Strings:Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Optional Jackson® KE/WR Hardshell SKB® (p/n 299-6102-506); Optional RR/KV/WR/KY Gig Bag (p/n 299-1511-106