Jackson Pro Series Spectra Bass SBP IV, Caribbean Blue
The Jackson® Pro Series Spectra Bass is a finely crafted instrument with its very essence right there in the name—a bass for professionals. A bold bass that’s more than just a cut above the others; a bass designed to deliver the finest to the demanding and adventurous pro player. The finest in style, tone, comfort and playability.
Starting with style, the all-new Pro Series Spectra Bass SBP IV features a unique multi-laminate poplar burl/walnut/maple/walnut/mahogany body wrapped in sophisticated Caribbean Blue or Transparent Black Burst finishes, complete with a unique 2x2 color matched headstock with an understated “J” logo.
The offset Spectra Bass body style was also innovatively designed with the professional musician in mind, featuring a larger upper horn that evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument for perfect balance and playing comfort. The through-body five-piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple neck with graphite reinforcement ensures ultimate stability and formidable sustain, while the speed neck contour and 12”-16” compound radius caramelized jatoba fingerboard with 24 frets and oval dark pearl inlays offer superior playability.
The Pro SBP IV provides a full-sonic spectrum for even the most versatile and progressive bassists. Featuring alnico V magnets, the Nordstrand® SB4 single-coil soapbar bridge and neck pickups deliver an all-around pulverizing and striking sound with brighter, cleaner and punchier characteristics. Wide-ranging tonal command comes from a three-band active EQ, two-way toggle switch to bypass or engage active circuit for the 3-band EQ, blend control and volume control. The two-way toggle switch eliminates the risk of losing sound due to a dead battery by bypassing the active circuit and making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power. An additional three-way toggle switch dials in a specific mid-frequency range for even more pinpoint tonal control.
This four-string bass also features a Jackson Single-String hardtail bridge that enhances individual note attack and improves sustain.
- Body Shape:Spectra
- Body Material:Multi-Laminate: Poplar Burl/Walnut/Maple/Walnut/MahoganyBody
- Neck Material:Five-Piece Maple/Walnut/Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Neck Construction:Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish:Satin
- Fingerboard:Caramelized Jatoba, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets:24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays:Oval Dark Pearl
- Nut (Material/Width):Black Plastic, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Headstock:Unique Jackson® 2x2
- Tuning Machines:Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length:34” (86.36 cm)
- Truss Rod:Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge:Jackson® Single-String Hardtail
- Pickups:Nordstrand® SB4-B (Bridge)Nordstrand® SB4-N (Neck)
- Special Electronics:3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Pickup Switching:2-Way Toggle Switch (Selector for Active/Passive Options), 3-Way Toggle Variable Mid-Frequency Switch
- Controls:Volume, Blend, 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Control Knobs:Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish:Chrome (521), Gold (585)
- Strings:Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Optional Jackson® Hardshell Gig Bag (p/n 2994722100)