Jackson X Series Kelly KEXM
Jackson X Series Kelly KEXM Overview by GAK
Armed with a slab top, electrifying angular shape and lightning-fast neck, X Series Kelly™ models exude metal sophistication, while also delivering massive sound and reliable performance at an exceptional value.
The Kelly KEXM features lightweight and resonant basswood body-wings, one-piece through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, and a 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and black sharkfin inlays.
Also equipped with a pair of volcanic Jackson high-output humbucking pickups, master volume and tone controls, three-way toggle switch and a Jackson-branded Floyd Rose® licensed double-locking tremolo bridge, providing amazing tone, exceptional dynamic response and reliable performance.
The KEXM is finished off in extreme class with a Snow White finish contrasted by black hardware and black binding along the body, neck and Jackson® pointed 6-in-line headstock.
Jackson X series models feature a selection of EMG® and Duncan Designed™ humbucking pickups for unparalleled tonal versatility from clean to heavily distorted. All tremolo-equipped models feature Floyd Rose® Special bridges.
GRAPHITE-REINFORCED NECK-THROUGH DESIGN
True neck-through-body construction has been a Jackson hallmark since 1980. For greater playability and sustain, X Series models feature a neck-through design usually reserved for much more expensive instruments. Further, graphite support rods flanking the truss rod provide even more neck stability to help the instrument withstand the rigors of the road.
X Series models feature compound-radius fingerboards. Jackson pioneered the use of this innovative design, in which the fingerboard gradually flattens toward the heel from its more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for comfortable and natural-feeling chording and riffing near the nut, with optimal shred articulation and bending nearer the heel.
GORGEOUS JACKSON STYLE
The X Series presents a wealth of distinctive Jackson stylistic options from the subdued to the striking. Sharkfin or “piranha” fingerboard inlays. The traditional Jackson six-in-line headstock or an AT headstock with tuners on either side. Deep solid colors or beautifully figured tops. The X Series has something for everyone.
- -Model Name: X Series Kelly™ KEXM, Maple Fingerboard, Snow White
- -Model Number: 2916131576
- -Series: X Series
- -Color: Snow White
- -Body Shape: Kelly™
- -Body Binding: 1-Ply Black
- -Body Material: Basswood
- -Body Finish: Gloss
- -Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Graphite -Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- -Neck Binding: 1-Ply Black
- -Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- -Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- -Number of Frets: 24
- -Fret Size: Jumbo
- -String Nut: Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- -Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- -Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- -Neck Plate: None
- -Neck Finish: Painted
- -Fingerboard: Maple
- -Position Inlays: Black Sharkfin
- -Bridge Pickup: Jackson® High Output Humbucking
- -Neck Pickup: Jackson® High Output Humbucking
- -Controls: Volume, Tone
- -Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, -Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- -Pickup Configuration: HH
- -Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- -Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- -Orientation: Right-Hand
- -Pickguard: None
- -Control Knobs: Dome Style
- -Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges