Jackson X Series Kelly KEXT Mahogany, Laurel Fingerboard, Natural
Jackson X Series Kelly KEXT Mahogany, Natural Overview.Armed with a slab top, electrifying angular shape and lightning-fast neck, X Series Kelly models exude metal sophistication, while also delivering massive sound and reliable performance at an exceptional value.
The Kelly KEXT MAH features lightweight and resonant basswood body-wings with a beautiful mahogany top, one-piece through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, and a 12"-16" compound radius laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays.
This metal machine is also equipped with a pair of volcanic Jackson high-output humbucking pickups, single volume and tone controls, three-way toggle switch and a Jackson radius compensated TOM-style bridge with an anchored tailpiece, providing amazing tone and exceptional dynamic response.
The KEXT MAH is available in a Natural finish with gold hardware and single-ply white binding along the body, neck and Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock.
- Body Poplar
- Body Finish Gloss
- Body Shape Kelly™
- Neck Material 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish Gloss Color Matched
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets 24
- Frets Size Jumbo
- String Nut Black Plastic
- Nut Width 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays Pearloid Sharkfin
- Truss Rods Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Wrench Yes
- Bridge Pickup Jackson® High-Output Humbucking
- Neck Pickup Jackson® High-Output Humbucking
- Controls Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HH
- Bridge Jackson® TOM-Style Adjustable with Anchored Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish Gold
- Tuning Machines Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickguard None
- Control Knobs Dome-Style
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
Incredible build quality, sounds great clean and distorted.
Beautiful guitar, sounds surprisingly good for budget pickups (may still upgrade, will crank it up on stage and see!). X series Jackson much improved from a few years ago, feels well made, balances well. Love it!