Jackson X Series Signature Marty Friedman MF-1, Gloss Black with White Bevels
Jackson X Series Signature Marty Friedman Monarkh SCX Overview by GAK
One of the most influential and respected players in the world, Friedman’s impactful and game-changing contributions to heavy metal and guitar in general continue to inspire generations of musicians and music fans to this day. He defined modern guitar playing with Jason Becker in Cacophony, was a key element in the wildly successful rise of thrash pioneers Megadeth, and with his “Marty-esque” improvisations and exotic fusion of Eastern and Western music, has achieved global success with his 12 solo albums.
Jackson is incredibly proud and honoured to continue a longstanding relationship with Friedman by collaborating with the virtuoso on the all-new X Series Signature Marty Friedman MF-1.
This 24.75”-scale X Series signature model is loaded with great features to match the demanding needs of an elite and intricate player like Friedman, but at an affordable price.
Features include a mahogany body with 3/4" maple top, one-piece mahogany set-thru neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, bound 12” radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays.
Marty Friedman dual EMG® MF signature humbucking pickups deliver a sound that sings and screams. Equipped with two volume and two tone dome-style controls as well as a three-way toggle switch to wrangle all of the subtle nuances out of your guitar tone. Also features a Jackson® compensated and adjustable bridge and die-cast locking tuners for increased sustain and tuning stability.
Available in Gloss Black with White Bevels, black hardware and a reverse Jackson 3x3 (3 over, 3 under) AT-1 headstock.
Jackson X series models feature a selection of EMG® and Duncan Designed™ humbucking pickups for unparalleled tonal versatility from clean to heavily distorted. All tremolo-equipped models feature Floyd Rose® Special bridges.
GRAPHITE-REINFORCED NECK-THROUGH DESIGN
True neck-through-body construction has been a Jackson hallmark since 1980. For greater playability and sustain, X Series models feature a neck-through design usually reserved for much more expensive instruments. Further, graphite support rods flanking the truss rod provide even more neck stability to help the instrument withstand the rigors of the road.
X Series models feature compound-radius fingerboards. Jackson pioneered the use of this innovative design, in which the fingerboard gradually flattens toward the heel from its more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for comfortable and natural-feeling chording and riffing near the nut, with optimal shred articulation and bending nearer the heel.
GORGEOUS JACKSON STYLE
The X Series presents a wealth of distinctive Jackson stylistic options from the subdued to the striking. Sharkfin or “piranha” fingerboard inlays. The traditional Jackson six-in-line headstock or an AT headstock with tuners on either side. Deep solid colors or beautifully figured tops. The X Series has something for everyone.
- Model Name: X Series Signature Marty Friedman Monarkh SCX, Rosewood Fingerboard, Gloss Black with White Bevels
- Model Number: 2916910572
- Series: X Series
- Color: Black with White Bevels
- Body Shape: Monarkh
- Body Material: Nato
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Top: 3/4" Plain Maple Top
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Reversed 3+3 AT-1
- Neck Plate: None
- Neck Finish: Gloss / Painted
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Bridge Pickup: EMG® MF Signature Pickup
- Neck Pickup: EMG® MF Signature Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Jackson® Compensated and Adjustable bridge with anchored tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Die-Cast Locking
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges