JBL PRX812W 12 Inch Floor Monitor
Average rating / 5
- PRX812W is a compact and versatile speaker in the PRX800 Series with remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP EQ parameters. It has been designed to deliver maximum performance for its weight and size as both a stage monitor and a front of house main PA. Two user selectable EQ settings are provided to optimize the system for either application. With a dual socket pole mount the PRX812W is a perfect match with a PRX818XLFW subwoofer, offering a high performance self-powered sub/sat system.
- The PRX812W is comprised of a 12” Differential Drive® woofer, a 2408H-1, 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by 1500 watt Class-D digital power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
- All PRX800 cabinets are built from a combination of 25 mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX800 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
- The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and limiter lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.
- System Type Self Powered 12”, two-way, bass-reflex
- Maximum SPL Output 135 dB peak
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)
- -Main: 52.6-20k
- -Monitor: 50.3 - 20k
- Frequency Response (±3 dB)
- -Main: 58.1 - 20k
- -Monitor: 59- 20k
- Input Connectors 2 x Balanced XLR / 1/4 inch input, 2 x unbalanced RCA input
- Input Impedance 20K Ohms (balanced), 10K Ohms (unbalanced)
- Signal Indicators
- -Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp limiter is acting
- -Signal: Green LED indicates signal present
- -Power: Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio
- EQ User selectable presets for Main or Monitor position, Advanced EQ settings available using Wi-Fi and PRX Connect application
- Dynamic Control (Input) dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit
- Crossover Frequency 1.850 kHz
- Design Highly efficient Class-D amplifier
- Power Rating 1500W (750W x 2)
- AC Power Input 100V - 240V ~ 50/60 Hz
- LF Driver 1 x JBL 272G 305 mm (12 in) woofer
- HF Driver 1 x JBL 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver
- Coverage Pattern 90° x 50° nominal
- Directivity Index (DI) 10.2 dB
- Directivity Factor (Q) 10.4
- Enclosure Asymmetrical, 18 mm, plywood
- Suspension / Mounting Dual 36 mm pole socket, 12 x M10 Suspension Points
- Transport 1 x injection molded handle with backing cup
- Finish Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish
- Grille Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.
- -(H x W x D): 599 mm x 385 mm x 341 mm
- -(23.6 in x 15.1 in x 13.4 in)
- Net Weight 19.4 kg (42.5 lb)
- Gross Weight 21.2 kg (48.0 lb)