Keeley Hydra Stereo Reverb Tremolo Pedal
Overview by GAK
Building on the success of their boundary-pushing ECCOS delay and looper, Keeley have introduced a worthy accompaniment to it with the Hydra - a powerful combination of a high-definition reverb and tremolo within a pedalboard-friendly stompbox form factor. The sheer amount of power and flexibility that Keeley have packed into a pedal of this size is something to behold. Thanks to its stereo ins and outs, the Hydra can add texture and atmosphere to keyboards/synths as well as guitars.
The Hydra’s reverb section features three lush algorithms - Room, Spring and Plate, which can then be sculpted with six different parameters and an Infinite Reverb Trail option for those otherworldly ambient washes. With the Hydra’s tremolo section, you can choose from three modes - Harmonic, Vibrato, Sine Wave. You can set the tremolo’s speed with the rate knob or use the tap-tempo enabled footswitch for hands-free adjustment. All of the Hydra’s controls can be assigned to an external expression pedal and then altered in a positive or negative amount.
The routing of the tremolo and reverb can be flipped, which opens up a tonne of extra tonal possibilities. With Hydra’s Alt Controls, you have quick access to the deeper parameters of both the reverb and tremolo sections.
Once you’ve found your perfect configurations, you can then store up to three presets for instant recall of your favourite settings.
To top off this impressive spec, the Hydra boasts analogue-dry-through and kill-dry (which means the pure tone of your instrument is preserved whether the pedal is on or off) plus a surprisingly low power draw (perfect for boards that are already occupied with current-hungry digital pedals).
Overview by Keeley
Introducing, the Keeley Hydra - combining both high-fidelity Reverb and Tremolo, the Keeley Electronics HYDRA Stereo Reverb & Tremolo adds space and dimension to your guitar, bass or synth. After completing the powerful, versatile and stellar ECCOS delay and looper, the Keeley Electronics team set out to craft the perfect companion pedal and with this feature-rich little blue box, they have well and truly accomplished exactly that and so much more.
Featuring gorgeous Spring, Plate and Room reverb algorithms, plus a tap-tempo enabled Harmonic, Vibrato and Sine Wave Tremolo - are all accessible at the press of a button - HYDRA will add space and dimension to any instrument.
To alter the response of this killer Tremolo/Reverb combination, the effects order can be easily changed. In addition, the HYDRA’s Alt Controls let you access in-depth parameters to shape the character of both sound engines. Plus, Hydra even offers an Infinite Reverb Trail!
- Stereo high-fidelity Reverb and Tremolo effect pedal
- 3 memory presets, subdivisions, trails, infinite hold reverb trail
- 3 reverb (Spring, Plate and Room) and 3 tremolo modes (Sine, Harmonic, Vibrato)
- Huge array of tone and time-based controls with the Alt Hold feature
- Bypass and Tap Tempo on-board or remotely with any style pedal-switcher
- Expression pedal assignment over any parameter and in any direction
- Pro Rig designed, remote control thru 1/4″ jacks for live use with pedal switcher systems
- 100% analog dry signal, audiophile designed input to output
- Stereo True-Bypass/Trails, switchable on the fly
- Made in Edmond, USA
- Powered by a regular 9V DC PSU (centre -, 2,1 mm, low ~115 mA current draw)