Korg CA-40 Chromatic Tuner
Korg CA-40 Chromatic Tuner Overview by GAK
The Korg CA-40 is a Chromatic Tuner with a wide range that covers A0 - C8. If you're looking for a tuner that can tune a wide range of instruments including string, wind and keyboard instruments, then look no further, the Korg CA-40 Chromatic tuner does just that in a compact design. The pitch and range are detected quickly and accurately by the CA-40 which features a built-in high-sensitivity microphone to detect the pitch of an acoustic instrument without requiring any other equipment.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- A compact chromatic tuner, ideal for use with brass band or orchestra.
- Larger and more easily readable high-precision LCD needle-style meter.
- Wide detection range from A0~C8.
- Calibration function that accommodates a variety of concert pitches.
- Sound Out function that lets you produce a reference tone from the internal speaker. The tuner will remember the pitch you select.
- Bypass function.
- Auto Power Off function saves the battery even if you forget to turn off the tuner.
- Memory Backup function.
- Approximately 85 hours of continuous use.
- Alternatively, you can use the separately sold CM-100 contact microphone to send the vibration of the instrument directly to the tuner, so that you can tune accurately without worrying about other sounds in the environment. An output jack (bypass) has been added, making it easy to check the tuning even while you perform.
- The pocket-sized CA-40 features a refined design with a stand on the back that lets you place the tuner on any surface.
- The CA-40's display has been enlarged for even better visibility. In addition to providing both the accuracy of an LCD and the easy viewing of a needle-style meter, red and green LEDs are also provided to indicate pitch deviations, making tuning smooth and easy.
- In addition to letting you tune visually using the meter, the CA-40 provides a Sound Out function that plays a reference tone through the internal speaker, letting you tune by ear. You can adjust the reference tone in semitone steps over a range of C4 through C5 (one octave) to accommodate a variety of instruments. Since the reference tone you specify is remembered, it's easy to sound it again whenever you need to.
- The Calibration function lets you adjust the pitch in 1 Hz steps over a range of 410~480 Hz in order to accommodate a variety of concert pitches, giving you the flexibility to tune accurately to any song or key. There's also a memory backup function that preserves the Calibration setting and Sound Out settings even when you turn off the power.
- The Auto Power Off function automatically turns the power off after the unit has been left on for twenty minutes, preventing the batteries from running down needlessly.
- The CA-40 is designed for long battery life, and allows approximately 85 hours of continuous use (continuous A4 input, Meter mode, zinc-carbon batteries).