Korg EK 50 Entertainer Keyboard
Korg EK 50 Entertainer Keyboard Overview by GAK.
The all new intelligent keyboard from KORG that helps you play!
If you’ve ever wanted to play or perform your favourite songs, or thought of a melody that could become an original song, KORG is here to help you realise your musical potential. The KORG EK-50 is an entertainer keyboard that you can enjoy on any musical level, and an instrument that grows along with you.
Automatic accompaniment “Styles” provide an entire backing band you as you play the keyboard. From the moment you start playing, the rich accompaniments are created to inspire you to add phrases as they come to mind. As you gain performance skill, you can easily access the more advanced functions to give shape to the ideas of your musical sketch.
Play a wide variety of sounds The EK-50 contains more than 702 realistic sounds including pianos, violin, sax, and drums. You select and play the sound you need, whether you’re playing a solo performance or are playing in a band. You can also use the Split function to divide the keyboard and play different sounds simultaneously - such as piano with the right hand and bass with the left. This creates additional enjoyment with different combinations of sound.
A layout that makes the numerous functions intuitive The middle of the operating panel has a bright, clear display that shows the currently selected sound and Style names in large characters for great visibility. The principal switches are illuminated by their own LEDs which helps you visualise the setting of each function. There’s also a “Grand Piano button” which brings you right back to the starting grand piano sound at any time, regardless of the currently selected sound.
Built-in speakers for immediate enjoyment Powerful 10W x 10W stereo speakers are built into the instrument. They can reproduce not only the sound of the instrument itself, but also sound from an external device that you connect to the input jack. Additionally, a music rest and AC adaptor are included, so you’re completed ready to go right out of the box. The EK-50 also works with AA batteries (sold separately), so you can play on the go!
Convenient Music Styles for instant, complete playing setups The EK-50 contains 64 “Music Styles” that preset the Style, sound and tempo suitable for the songs that you’re familiar with. Simply selecting a Music Style and playing is an easy way to improvise or create ideas for original songs.
Play back favourite songs on the instrument while performing Got a great new song idea? You can record your performances on the EK-50 and save them as well. Song mode lets you play back your own original creations, internal demo songs, MP3 or WAV audio data and SMF (Standard MIDI File) data saved on any commercially-available USB flash drive. You’ll also be able to play sounds while these songs play back.
Add Styles from Korg’s extensive library The EK-50 is open-ended, which allows you to add up to 98 styles via a USB flash drive. We expect to add new data to the KORG website in the future and will keep you informed.
- Styles that support your performance
- Play a wide variety of sounds
- A layout that makes the numerous functions intuitive
- Built-in speakers for immediate enjoyment anywhere
- Convenient Music Styles
- Play back favourite songs on the instrument while performing
- Add Styles from Korg’s extensive library
- Keyboard 61 keys (velocity sensitive) Touch Control: Soft (light), medium (standard), hard (heavier), fixed
- Sound Generator, Stereo PCM sound generator
- Maximum Polyphony, 64 voices
- Sounds, Over 702 sounds, 41 drum kits (including GM compatible sound sets)
- Keyboard Sets, More than 170 sets
- Effects, Accompaniment part 2 stereo digital multi-effects Keyboard part 2 stereo digital multi-effects 34 types (148 variations)
- Styles, More than 280 presets 2 intros, 4 variations, 2 fills, 1 count in/break, 2 endings, synchro start/stop, tap tempo
- Music Styles, 64 styles
- Demo Songs, 18 songs
- Audio Player, MP3, WAV (44.1 kHz)
- Sequencer, Record Real-time recording (Style mode), maximum of 999 songs (approx. 100,000 notes), 12 tracks (4 keyboard parts + 8 auto accompaniment parts), original format (can convert to SMF0) Playback Supports song play (playing on the keyboard during song playback), SMF (Standard MIDI File) format 0 or 1
- Scales, 11 types (including user scale)
- Set lists, 10 banks × 4
- Metronome, Tempo, beat, volume
- Tempo 30–240
- Key Transpose C (-12) to C (0) to C (+12)
- Tuning 427.5–452.9 Hz
- Input/Output, Foot controller jack 6.3 mm (1/4") phone jack AUDIO IN jack 3.5 (1/8") mm stereo mini-phone jack OUTPUT L/ MONO, R jacks 6.3 mm (1/4") phone jack (unbalanced) Headphones jack 3.5 mm (1/8") stereo mini-phone jack USB A port TO DEVICE port for connecting USB flash memory and controllers USB B port TO HOST port for connecting personal computers
- Speaker System, Amplification 10 W × 2 Speakers 120 mm (4.72") double-cone speakers × 2 (bass reflex box-type) Speaker EQ 8 types
- MIDI, USB MIDI
- Display, Custom LCD with backlighting
- Power supply, AC adapter (included) or AA batteries (alkaline dry cells or nickel-metal hydride batteries) × 8 (sold separately)
- Battery life, When using alkaline dry cells: approx. 5 hours
- Power Consumption, 8 W (0.1 W on standby)
- Dimensions, (W x D x H) 994 mm × 392 mm × 132 mm/39.13" × 15.43" × 5.20" (not including sheet music stand) Height with sheet music stand attached: 329 mm/12.95"
- Weight, 7.5 kg/16.53 lbs. (not including sheet music stand or batteries)
- Included items, AC adapter, sheet music stand
- Accessories (sold separately): XVP-20 volume/expression pedal, EXP-2 foot controller, DS-1H damper pedal (supports half-pedaling), PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch, SC-EK/Pa soft case
No upgrades available
Great little kb for the price.