Korg Volca Sample OK GO Edition (Special Edition)
Korg Volca Sample OK GO Product Overview by GAK
Packed with 100 carefully selected audio samples from "Hungry Ghosts," the latest album from OK Go, the limited edition OK Go volca is now here. You can freely edit their numerous iconic sounds, such as the vocal line from "I Won't Let You Down" or the bass from "The Writing's On the Wall," and arrange them to create your own music. Use the content to create your own version Ok Go's infectious tunes, mix and match content with your own samples create remixes, or create entirely original sample-based music using the simple, step-based recording layout of the volca sample.
The new edition to the Korg Volca series is the Korg Volca Sample. The Volca Sample allows you to tweak, play, and sequence samples with Volca controls! The Volca Sample can sequence and edit up to 100 of your own sample sounds in real time for original and powerful live performances. The Volca Sample is a great addition for existing Volca users or as a stand alone sequencer/sampler. The new Volca gives you the power to recapture the excitement of the first generation of samplers, where you can manipulate any audio you like into your own musical creations.
- A total of 11 parameter knobs let you freely edit the sample sounds. For all of those parameters you can use motion sequences to record knob movements, allowing you create time-varying change in the sound.
- In addition, there's an analog isolator that lets you create excitement by boosting or cutting the low or high function range, a reverse effect that plays the audio source backward, and a reverb effect. These provide powerful and quick ways to keep varying the sound in numerous ways.
- The built-in step sequencer is designed for easy editing, and makes it easy for you to improvise by inserting and removing parts. You can use the 16 step keys for quick step-recording, or record in real time while you perform. Combine completed sequences to create song patterns.
- In addition, there's an active step function that lets you instantly insert or remove steps inside a sequence, a step jump function, and a swing function that lets you create grooves that "push" or "drag" the beat. The volca sample lets you improvise dynamic performances.
- These aren't the only great things about the volca sample.
- More information about the functionality of the volca sample is provided below.
- 100 different OK Go sounds included
- Graphics by the official designer of OK Go
- A card with the actual signatures of OK Go is included
- Powerful sound control
- volca sequencer allows intuitive improvisation
- Synchronized playback with other volca series units
- Compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker let you use it anywhere
- One hundred guitar, bass, drum, synthesizer, and vocal phrases that were actually used on "Hungry Ghosts," the latest album from OK Go, are built-in as preloaded samples (*). First you'll want to listen to these samples and enjoy the signature sounds of OK Go.
- You can also edit the samples intuitively as you would expect on the volca sample. You can create completely new sounds by turning the knobs to adjust parameters such as length, pitch, and level.
- Just as OK Go has given us songs, music videos, and performances that have never been seen or heard before, you can use this machine with OK Go sounds to generate and play sounds that nobody has ever heard.
- The visual image of OK Go is cool, pop, colorful, and crazy! That unique worldview has now been applied to the volca sample. All of the graphic design was done by Taku Sakaguchi, the Japanese designer who handles the official artwork for OK Go.
- Limited to the first 3,000 units produced, a numbered certificate with the actual signatures of all four members of OK Go is included.