Korg Kronos LS Product Overview by GAK
Not content with the success of their innovative Kronos synthesizers, Korg are back with the new lighter and more mobile Kronos LS.
Featuring a full size 88 key keyboard which utilises Korg’s RH3 action. Featuring Korg’s new light touch technology, compared to existing light-touch keyboards, the velocity on LS is easier to control, especially when playing complex chords and tricky phrases.
The KRONOS is KORG’s most powerful synthesizer ever, featuring nine sound engines and allowing you to use up to 16 effects and parts combinations simultaneously.
It ships with OS 3.1, which offers new Quick Layer/Split functions, and also features a fresh new look.
Korg Product Overview
With a newly-designed light touch keyboard for effortless playability, KRONOS LS lets you take a full-sized keyboard - and the power of KRONOS - anywhere.
Packed with nine versatile sound engines, up to 16 simultaneous effects, 16-part Combinations and so much more, KRONOS is KORG’s most powerful synthesizer ever. To further unlock KRONOS’ potential, KORG introduces a new light-touch 88-key model for a new level of playability - and portability.
KORG’s all-new light-touch keyboard makes it easy to play anything from rapid organ licks to synth phrases to glissandi. The mechanism of the keyboard itself has been redesigned so that the velocity is easier to control than on existing light-touch keyboards, even when playing complex chords or difficult phrases. The box-shaped keys share their look with KORG’s premium RH3 action, while providing the faster playing feel of a synth keyboard. Since the keyboard is semi-weighted, it’s also perfect for playing piano and electric piano in any style.
The new keyboard makes the instrument markedly lighter than KRONOS2-88 with KORG’s RH3 action, making transport and setup much simpler. At under 19 kg/40 lbs., bringing a full 88-note KRONOS to a show just became more convenient.
Along with its dynamic new keyboard, KRONOS LS features the latest KRONOS OS - v3.1 - which puts Quick Layer and Quick Split functions right at users’ fingertips. Effortlessly create layers such as piano and strings, or splits such as electric piano and bass, effortlessly. Numerous additional OS refinements have also been made to further ensure stability and a stress-free performance environment.
With its luxurious dark umber aluminium body and beautifully crafted sunburst wood side panels, KRONOS LS is designed to present as beautifully as it plays. KRONOS LS offers an elegant look that’s perfect for home, stage, and studio.
- Synthesis: Formant, Frequency Modulation, Karplus–Strong, Phase Distorion, Physical modelling, Resynthesis, ROM, Sampling, Subtractive, Vector synthesis, Virtual Analog
- Oscillators: 4
- Waveforms: Pulse, Pulse Variable, Saw Down, Saw Up, Sine, Square, Triangle, White Noise
- Osc Modulation: Breath Controller, Continuous Controller, Envelope, Fader, Input, Keyboard, Knob, LFO, Oscillator, Portamento, Ring Modulation, Sync Hard, Velocity
- Oscillator Notes:
- Choose to load any 2 synth engines in Program Mode and any of the avaialble 9 synth engines in Combi and Sequencer Modes
- Sampling: 16 bit, 24 bit, 48 kHz, Loop, One Shot (Phrase), Multi-Sample
- Envelopes: 6
- Evelope Paramerters: Delay, Attack, Decay, Sustain
- Filters: 2
- Types: 12dB Slope (2-pole), 24dB Slope (4-pole), Band Limit, Band Pass, Band Reject, Comb, High Pass, Low Pass, Resonance, Serial, Parallel
- Filter Modulation: Breath Controller, Envelope, Input, Keyboard, Knob, LFO, Mod Wheel, Pedal, Pitch Wheel, Portamento, Ribbon, Sequencer, Velocity
- LFO: 2
- LFO Parameters: Sample & Hold, Saw Up, Sine, Square, Triangle, Clocked, Key Sync
- Polyphony: 180
- Timbrality: 16
- Tuning: Atonal, Micro, Standard
- Modes: Mono, Polyphonic, Split, Unison
- Patches RAM: 314 MB, 1505 multisamples, 1388 drum samples.
- Storage: Hard Drive, Internal, USB
- Editing: MIDI, USB
- PolysixEX EXi classic arpeggiator from the built into the original Polysix.
- 12 Stereo in / stereo out/Master Effects
- 197 Effect Types
- 16-track MIDI sequencer + 16-track hard disk recorder + 1 master track.
- 400,000 MIDI events or 300,000 audio events
- 200 songs
- Case: Keyboard
- Keyboard: 88 keys, Semi-weighted, Plastic
- Controls: Faders, Joy Stick, Knobs, Mod Wheel, Pitch Lever, Ribbon, Sequencer, Sustain Pedal, Tempo , Velocity, Volume Pedal
- Display Type: LED, TouchView, Backlit
- Display Count H: 800
- Display Count V: 600
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 56.42 x 14.61 x 5.83 in / 1,416 x 364 x 134 mm
- Weight: 17.8 kg
- Audio Output Connections: 1/4" Phone Jack, SPDIF, USB, Stereo Main, Stereo 2, Stereo 3, Stereo Headphone
- Audio Output Count: 10
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4" Mono
- MIDI Ports: IN, OUT, THRU
- General MIDI: GM - General MIDI
- DAC Bits: 24
- DAC Frequency Rate: 48
- Power: 120V AC 60 W
- KRONOS Expansion Sound Libraries
- Artist Sound Libraries
- Famous Song Sounds #Nine distinct sound engines
- Innovative Set List mode with many new updates
- Color TouchView display—now with TouchDrag capability
- Sequencer Compositional Tools
- Drum Track
- Open Sampling System
- 16-track audio recording / 16-track MIDI sequencing
- 16 onboard effects processors
- USB/MIDI host ports accommodate MIDI control surfaces
- New 88-Note Light-weight keyyboard action
- Smooth Sound Transitions
- Advanced Control Surface
- Dual Joysticks (X-Y; Vector)
- Ribbon Controller
- 8 rotary knobs
- 9 sliders
- 16 illuminated buttons