Korg Monotron Duo Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer
Korg Product Overview
The Korg Monotron Duo is a palm-sized Analogue Synthesizer with a Ribbon touch-keyboard. This handy little synth has both built-in speakers and a headphone jack, plus it runs on batteries making it a an ideal instrument to carry around with you to pull out when inspiration strikes.
The Korg Monotron Duo has 5 adjustable knobs which control VCO1 Pitch, Intensity, VCO2 Pitch, Cutoff and Peak giving you full control over your sound.
- Two analog oscillators (VCO) with individual tunings
- Edgy X-MOD (with Intensity knob) circuit from Korg's classic Mono/Poly
- VCF with Cutoff and Peak Control
- Ribbon controller keyboard with Scale Select
- Original Analog (VCF) Filter taken from the classic MS-10 & MS-20
- Aux input jack lets you apply filter to any audio source
- Built-in speaker and battery power for Go Anywhere Analog sound
- Headphone jack for private use
- Go Anywhere Analog: That was the theme behind the remarkable battery-powered and palm-sized Korg analog synthesizer dubbed the monotron. The powerful and fun-to-play monotron analog synthesizer has been joined by two siblings. The Dual Oscillator monotron DUO offers X-MOD capabilities for generating even more extreme sounds. The monotron DELAY features a Space Delay that can produce intense, analog-like echo effects. Best of all, they're a blast to play. Each is equipped with a ribbon keyboard and a live, ready-to-be tweaked front panel offering five knobs and a single switch. This simple operation and ease of use invites hours of enjoyment and musical exploration.
- Casual users and gadget mavens will quickly enjoy performing melodies, DJs can create dazzling effects on stage, while established players can add analog muscle to their performance - the possibilities are virtually endless. Grab a monotron, monotron DUO, or monotron DELAY, and get in touch with the exciting world of Korg analog synths.
- Offering two oscillators, the monotron DUO adds an extra dimension, delivering an even more extreme sound. Tune the oscillators in unison for a rich, thick, analog tone. Tune them in intervals for classic soloing sounds and generating new effects. The X-MOD (cross modulation) circuit taken from Korg's classic Mono/Poly can introduce a mild or razor-sharp edge to the overall sound; everything from a rich vibrato to extreme metallic sounds reminiscent of an FM synth.
- The monotron DUO's ribbon controller keyboard now features the familiar Scale function used on the KAOSSILATOR. You can use this button to select one of four scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, or Off. Choose the Chromatic scale to play precise pitches as on a piano, or choose Major or Minor to generate musically coherent phrases by simply sliding your finger around on the keyboard.
Difficult to rate as it's e.Early days yet. Just experimenting, but it's given me quite a few ideas especially linked to my Kaossilator. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces.