Korg padKONTROL MIDI Studio Controller, Black
The padKONTROL joins Korg's expanding line-up of MIDI studio controllers. Adding another dimension beyond traditional keyboard control, the padKONTROL is the most expressive and versatile drum pad controller ever!
In addition to accessing drum sounds and samples, the padKONTROL MIDI studio controller from Korg can also control softsynths and effects, trigger loops and video clips, and even act as transport controls for DAW software programs. Combining an assignable X-Y touchpad that also provides for natural-sounding flams and rolls, sixteen great-feeling illuminated trigger pads, assignable knobs and a footpedal input, the padKONTROL provides unsurpassed evocative control.
The padKONTROL MIDI studio controller is ideal for creating natural, organic sounding drumbeats. Each of the sixteen pads can be individually assigned a note number and MIDI channel so you can control a single drumkit or map it to control different devices in your setup at the same time. Eight different dynamic curves are available for each pad, or you can set each pad to its own fixed level. This allows you to set up certain instruments to feel as you like, and others to always play the perfect velocity, no matter how you strike the pad. You can also set up multiple pads to play the same drum but at different fixed velocities, giving you varied but predictable performance every time.
No matter how you set them up, you'll appreciate the great feel of the drum pads on this MIDI studio controller. They respond well no matter where you strike them, not just in the center like many other systems. So you can freely play the pads with both hands, hit the edges or the center and get responsive, musical results - every time!
The X-Y pad adds real-time control of both flam and roll timing and dynamics. Moving from left to right increases the speed of the roll, or the distance between the flammed notes; moving up increases the volume of the roll, or the second note in the flam. This is a highly expressive and intuitive way to produce these natural drum techniques. With an optional footswitch, you can even add real kick drum parts, or close an open hi-hat.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Versatile and expressive midi pad controller, ideal for accessing drum sounds and samples, controlling soft synths and effects, triggering loops and video clips, and even for use as transport controls for DAW software programs
- Controllers: 16 velocity-sensitive Trigger pads with LED illumination, X-Y pad, Two assignable knobs, Assignable pedal jack
- Display: 7-segment, 3-digit LED
- Memory: 16 user scene memories, 30 preloaded scene templates
- Connectors: Pedal, MIDI In/Out, USB (type B), Power supply jack (DC9V)
- Power Supply: DC9V AC adapter (optional), USB bus power (when using the USB connector)
- Current Consumption: When using USB bus power: approximately 150 mA (maximum 180 mA), When using an AC adapter: approximately 150 mA (maximum 180 mA)
- Dimensions: 12.36 (W) x 9.21 (D) x 2.17 (H) inches, 314 (W) x 234 (D) x 55 (H) mm
- Weight: 2.12 lbs. / 960 g
- Included Items: USB cable, CD-ROM containing padKONTROL Editor/Librarian software etc.
- System Requirements Windows: Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition / Professional / x64 Edition, USB port
- System Requirements Macintosh: Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2 or later, USB port