Korg Prologue16 Polyphonic Analogue Synthesizer
Korg Prologue16 Product Overview by GAK
The Prologue16 is a 16-voice 61-key Analogue Synthesizer from Korg. Harnessing the analog circuitry of Korg's earlier synths, combined with the new digital multi-engine, the Prologue is a serious beast of a synth!
The newly developed multi-engine is equipped with three separate sound engines; VCO3, digital waveforms
The unit features pristine 24-bit floating-point processing with two onboard effects units to choose from, these are; modulation and delay/reverb. There is also a user effects slot that allows you to load your own effects onto the Prologue.
Korg Product Overview
The lineup is comprised of two models that cover musicians’ needs
- 16/8-voice analog synthesizer circuit.
- Newly developed multi-engine equipped with three types: noise, VPM, and user.
- High-quality digital effects.
- An open API (Application Programming Interface) for user-created oscillators and effects
- Newly developed L.F. COMP. (Low Frequency Compressor) analog effect (prologue-16 only).
- Bi-timbre support.
- Voice modes that allow voices to be flexibly recombined.
- Arpeggiator equipped with a variety of types and range settings.
- Program Sort allows rapid access to 500 programs.
- Japanese-made high-quality natural touch keyboard.
- Oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually.
- Tough and stylish body made of aluminum and wood.
- Sync with another groove machine to enjoy jam sessions.
- Lineup includes a 16-voice 61-key model and an eight-voice 49-key model.