Korg Prologue 8 Polyphonic Analogue Synthesizer
Korg Prologue 8 Product Overview by GAK
The Prologue8 is an 8-voice, 49-key Analogue Synthesizer from Korg. Harnessing the analog circuitry of Korg's earlier synths, combined with the new digital multi-engine, the Prologue is a serious beast of a synth!
By utilising the same interface as the minilogue and monologue, the Prologue manages to captures the same crystal clear sound quality and presence as its analog predecessors.
The newly developed multi-engine is equipped with three separate sound engines; VCO3, digital waveforms and FM. When combined with the existing analog VCOs you're able to take the sound of the synth into completely new realms of possibility.
The unit features pristine 24-bit floating-point processing with two onboard effects units to choose from, these are; modulation and delay/reverb. There is also a user effects slot that allows you to load your own effects onto the Prologue.
Korg Product Overview
Prologue is a fully-programmable, full-featured, professional synthesizer. Preceded by the four-voice polyphonic minilogue and the monophonic monologue, it’s the long awaited debut of the flagship: the prologue.
Prologue is a polyphonic analog synthesizer equipped with a full-sized keyboard. With powerful analog circuits that are descended directly from the earlier models of the series, together with a newly developed digital multi engine and gorgeous DSP-based effects, prologue expands the variety of sounds and the possibilities for user customization.
The lineup is comprised of two models that cover musicians’ needs for not only stage use, but also studio, home, or touring use: 16-voice 61-key prologue-16, and the eight-voice 49-key prologue-8. These instruments are capable of sounds that go beyond existing analog synthesizers.
- 16/8-voice analog synthesizer circuit.
- Newly developed multi-engine equipped with three types: noise, VPM, and user.
- High-quality digital effects.
- An open API (Application Programming Interface) for user-created oscillators and effects
- Newly developed L.F. COMP. (Low Frequency Compressor) analog effect (prologue-16 only).
- Bi-timbre support.
- Voice modes that allow voices to be flexibly recombined.
- Arpeggiator equipped with a variety of types and range settings.
- Program Sort allows rapid access to 500 programs.
- Japanese-made high-quality natural touch keyboard.
- Oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually.
- Tough and stylish body made of aluminum and wood.
- Sync with another groove machine to enjoy jam sessions.
- Lineup includes a 16-voice 61-key model and an eight-voice 49-key model.