Korg RK-100S KEYTAR (Black)
Korg RK-100S Keytar Overview by GAK
The Korg RK-100S Keytar is both stylish and iconic, featuring a 37-note slim keyboard that's lightweight and easy to play. There's no doubt that Keytar's catch the eye of the whole audience when on stage and the Korg KR-100S does just that. Designed with a beautiful wooden body with a lustrous finish the RK-100S is available in three colours. Features of the Korg RK-100S include 200 built-in programs powered by analog modeling, Two ribbon controllers (short and long), and a mic/audio (dual-purpose) input jack, also usable with the vocoder function. The Korg RK-100S Keytar sounds great, looks great, and will bring life to any live show.
See below for full features and additional overview.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Appearing in 1984, the RK-100 remote keyboard broke the chains of keyboardists, setting them free to perform as they liked. With a stylish body available in four colors, it allowed the keyboard player to challenge the vocalist or guitarist for the main role on stage. Now, thirty years later, the RK has been resurrected. Although beautiful curved surfaces have been added, the essence of the original and very popular design is unchanged. What had been a somewhat large and heavy body has been made more compact and lightweight thanks to modern components such as a slim keyboard. While the original required an external sound module, the new RK-100S contains a built-in analog modeling sound generator. New features and functions include two ribbon controllers, an arpeggiator, and a vocoder, and there are also "favorite" buttons that allow you to register frequently-used sounds for one-touch selection. The RK-100S is your choice for smarter, more active, and more enjoyable performance.
- The attraction of the RK lies in its beautiful body. The carefully made wooden body consciously reflects the design of a guitar, projecting a timeless coolness that creates varying impressions depending on your angle of view, and featuring a new and elegantly curvaceous design. It's available in three colors: red (RD), black (BK), and white (WH). Each color is painted with a gorgeous glossy finish that will draw all eyes on stage.
- The RK-100S provides a built-in sound engine that was not found on the original RK, meaning that you can perform simply by connecting an audio cable. Its MMT sound engine provides not only the standard analog synthesizer waveforms such as sawtooth and square, but also additional oscillator algorithms such as formant waveforms, noise, and PCM, which power two hundred programs for a broad range of sounds that will cover any musical genre. These sounds can also be played using the arpeggiator.
- The keyboard of the RK-100S uses the 37-note slim keyboard also featured on the MS-20 mini. This allows the overall unit to be more compact and lightweight. MS-20 mini-style keys provide the perfect balance between size and playability.
- Since the RK-100S is designed for active playing styles, it features two ribbon controllers: a short ribbon on the neck that can be manipulated with the left hand, and a long ribbon located in front of the keyboard that gives you a wide range of performance possibilities. The long ribbon controller can be used instead of the keyboard to play a freely specified range of pitches and scales, and can also be used to control the pitch or filter in dramatic ways.
- The RK-100S provides a monaural mini-input jack that can also work with mic input. You can use a headset mic (separately sold option) to enjoy vocoder performance, or connect your audio player and perform along with your favorite music.
- Since the RK-100S will operate on easily obtainable alkaline AA batteries or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride AA batteries, you can enjoy performing anywhere simply by plugging in a set of headphones or by connecting it to your amp with a standard cable. By using an AC adapter, you can play at home for as long as you like without being concerned with battery life, and use the PC editor to create your own sounds.
- Since the RK-100S is equipped with a MIDI output jack, it can be used to control an external sound module. There's also a USB port for connecting it to your computer, allowing you to control a PC sound module or use the PC editor (downloadable from the KORG website - http://www.korg.com/ ) to edit detailed MIDI settings and parameters of the internal sound engine.