Korg SV1 Stage Vintage Piano 88, Black
Korg Product Overview
The Korg SV1 is an 88-key Stage Vintage Piano that contains multiple professional-level piano sounds, including a German Grand Piano, a Japanese Grand Piano, an authentic upright, and more. The RH3 Real Weighted Hammer Action featured on the Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano is the finest keybed Korg offers, with a solid, responsive feel that inspires confidence. The SV-1 also allows you to add a little something to each performance, with 6 Pre-FX; 6 Modulation FX; 6 Reverb Delays, and 3-Band EQ this professional electric piano is a must-have for any performer.
The user interface has been designed with performance in mind; every essential control is quickly accessible on the front panel, with no confusing menus or multiple button presses. Rotary knobs include illuminated LED’s to show the position of the knob, and can be pressed to restore the original setting. For really quick changes, the SV-1 BK has eight car-radio style buttons to instantly call up your eight Favorite sounds and settings. Storing a Favorite is equally as easy. Simply adjust the controls to your preferred settings, then press and hold one of the Favorites buttons; when the button flashes, press it again and the settings are now stored.
The SV-1 BK is equipped with Korg's finest graded-hammer action (RH3) keyboard on both the 73-key and 88-key versions. The FUNCTION button provides access to eight different tuning curves including equal, grand piano stretch, electric piano stretch, electric grand, upright stretch, detuned and two user-definable types (configurable using the editor/librarian software). Overall tuning can also be accessed via the FUNCTION button, and adjusted by using the EQ treble control. While in this mode, concert pitch (A=440) can be recalled quickly by pressing the treble encoder pot. Needless to say, the SV-1 BK can be transposed into any key.
A pro keyboard would be incomplete without all the right connections. The SV-1 BK is equipped with balanced XLR and ¼" outputs; Left and Right audio inputs; MIDI In and MIDI out jacks, USB MIDI Port, and 3 pedal connections: Damper, Pedal 1, and Pedal 2. The Damper pedal is included, and responds to half-pedaling for authentic piano response. Pedal 1 is designed for a switch type of pedal, and can operate as a piano Sostenuto pedal, or as a Fast/Slow switch when the Rotary Speaker effect is on. Pedal 2 can accept either a sweep-type pedal – great for authentic Wah effects – or an additional switch pedal, providing the piano purist with access to all three piano pedal functions by adding the Una Corda (soft) function.
- Two phenomenal grand piano sounds - 1 European, 1 Japanese
- Korg's finest piano keyboard with Graded Hammer Action; 73 or 88 keys
- Intuitive "LIVE" front panel with single-function knobs
- 8 Easy-to-set car-radio style Favorites buttons
- 36 coveted and in-demand piano & vintage keyboard sounds:
- Grand Pianos: Smooth European; Lively Japanese; Mono Grand (for live); etc.
- Electric Pianos: Tine styles; Reed Types; Plucked Type; Clavs; etc.
- Electronic Pianos: Korg SG-1D; Transistor; '80s synth; VPM styles; etc.
- Organs: Tonewheels; USA Tube Console; Italian Combo; VOX
- Keyboards: String Machine, Tape Strings, Synth Brass; etc.
- Other: Piano Layers; Real Strings; Real Choir, etc.
- Valve Reactor 12AX7 tube-driven amp modeling (6 Models)
- 6 Pre-FX; 6 Modulation FX; 6 Reverb Delays; 3-Band EQ
- Stereo inputs / Stereo outputs ( all 1/4")
- XLR Stereo balanced stage/recording outputs
- Headphone output
- Includes damper pedal & music rack
- Options: assignable footswitch; assignable footpedal;
- The SV-1 Black Stage Vintage Piano offers the most rewarding compendium of electro-mechanical, transistorized, tape-driven, analog, and early digital keyboards ever available in a single instrument. Crafted using Korg's RX (Real eXperience) Technology; each sound is a detailed and authentic re-creation, accurately capturing the full range of expression and dynamics of the original. But for Korg, even that is not enough. The SV-1 Black also provides access to the effect pedals, amplifiers, speaker cabinets and studio techniques that gave these sounds their original lustre. Together, they provide fingertip access to the sounds that defined generations of popular keyboard playing.
- Designed with performance in mind, the SV-1 Black is a pleasure to play. Once you try it, you'll understand what all the excitement is about. Forget menus. Never mind banks and programs. Stop staring at displays. With the SV-1 Black, the entire front panel is always live, using clearly labeled knobs to dial up just the sound you are looking for. Saving your eight Favorite settings for quick recall is as easy as saving a station on your car radio.
- Best of all, the Korg SV-1 Black provides an economical, reliable, portable, and maintenance-free alternative to collecting and maintaining a stable of vintage instruments. The cabinet styling (and optional Black stand) clearly defines the SV-1 Black as an instrument that was made to be played; providing a retro-chic appearance that reflects the pulse and heart of the original instruments.