Korg Volca Beats Drum Machine
Korg Volca Beats Product Overview by GAK
Analogue drum machines never went out of fashion, but apart from a small number of boutique manufacturers, they all but went out of production for years, until now!
KORG have answered many a producers dreams by producing VOLCA BEATS. A compact affordable all analogue drum machine housed in their popular VOLCA format with a sonic punch that has made many a seasoned pro sit up and take notice.
VOLCA sync and MIDI synchronisation, a flexible chain-able drum pattern sequencer and built in effects make this impossible to ignore at the price point, regardless of the genre you may be working in.
Korg Product Overview
Peerless beats generated by solid analog drum sounds and an Electribe-style sequencer.
Even today, more than thirty years after the age dominated by analog synthesizers, we just can't let go of the sound of analog rhythm machines. Those thick sounds have the power to stand up to guitar and acoustic drums, and are still indispensable for track-making or live performance.
The volca beats gives you those analog drums plus the easy-to-use step sequencer of the Electribe; it lets you turn your inspiration into reality and generate beats with the best high quality sounds.
- Peerless beats generated by solid analog drum sounds and an Electribe-style sequencer:
- -Powerful analog drum sounds
- -Real analog sounds created with reference to classic rhythm machines
- -Six editable analogue parts with one knob per function for easy editing
- -Maximum effect from minimal parameters - a unique advantage of analog
- -PCM sound engine expands possibilities when used with analog sounds
- Loop sequencer distilled from the Electribe series:
- -Electribe-style 16-step sequencer with eight memory patches
- -Stutter function generates repeated triggers that dramatically change the sequence
- -Active Step function generates new bass lines by removing or inserting steps.
- -Step Jump function instantly plays only the step you're pressing
- Convenient functions for incredible ease of use:
- -Sync In and Out allows clock sync of multiple instruments from the volca Series as well as Korg's Monotribe
- -MIDI In for note entry, plus external sync and control from your DAW
- -Go-anywhere analogue: play anywhere with the built-in speaker and optional battery power
- SYNC jack and MIDI IN connector allow synchronized performance with multiple units or with your DAW
- By using the sync jack you can enjoy synchronized playback with multiple volcas or with a monotribe. You can also use the "SyncKontrol" iPhone app to wirelessly control tap tempo, swing settings, and synchronized playback with iOS music apps via WIST.
- The MIDI IN connector lets you synchronize with other devices, as well as play the volca from any MIDI keyboard. You can also send note messages from your DAW and use the volca as an analog sound module.
- Self-tuning function (Volca Bass and Keys only)
- Until now, the problem with analog synthesizers has been that the pitch would drift over time, or because of changes in temperature. Volca solves this by providing a Self-tuning function that constantly tunes the oscillators. You'll never need to tune during a performance, or wait for the pitch to stabilize after turning the power on.
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
- With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca anywhere and perform any time.
No upgrades available
Excellent bit of kit, easy to use, very intuitive.
good analogue sounds
Don't use on board speaker, listen to output through headphones or monitors. Drum sounds are great especially the kick. It's simple to use but you need to take time to learn and experiment when you first get your hands on it. But once you've mastered the controls you'll realise what a great beat box you've got.
It's my first drum machine, I wanted something simple but effective, very easy to use and fast to learn!
Great little beat beast. My only gripe is that it comes without PSU which has to be bought separately