Korg Volca Sample
Korg Volca Sample Product Overview
Korg have answered many a users dreams with this addition to the the popular VOLCA range, enter VOLCA SAMPLE. Maintaining the ever popular VOLCA footprint with its built in sequencer, VOLCA and MIDI sync but adding the kick of being able to import your own sounds. With 100 memory allocations there is plenty of room to add your own sonic stamp to your live performances or inspiration for the studio. Real time effects are on the menu too naturally, regardless of wether you are new to the VOLCA imprint or looking to expand your current set up VOLCA SAMPLE is whatever you want it to be.
- A fun to use sequencer with superb improvisatory potential - The step sequencer is designed for ease of editing and to allow parts to be inserted or removed "on the fly." Use the 16 step keys to enter notes intuitively while maintaining visual confirmation of the timing of the notes in a measure. You can also record your performance in real time. Up to ten of the sequence patterns you create can be stored in internal memory.
- Motion sequencer records and plays back up to 11 parameters - The motion sequence function records your knob movements, letting you add time-varying change to the sound. This is a great way to polish your loops, and also lets you generate highly original live performances. The volca sample is able to record all knob movements that are related to sound editing. This allows sophisticated editing that had been impossible for hardware samplers of this category.
- Parameters that can be used with Motion Sequence:
- -Start Point (Playback start location)
- -Length (Playback length)
- -Hi Cut (Cutoff frequency)
- -Speed (Playback speed)
- -Pitch EG Int (Pitch EG depth)
- -Pitch EG Attack (Pitch EG attack time)
- -Pitch EG Decay (Pitch EG Decay time) -
- -Amp Level
- -Amp EG Attack (Amp EG Attack time)
- -Amp EG Decay (Amp EG Decay time)
- Active Step and Step Jump functions let you insert and remove steps - The Active Step function lets you skip steps during the sequence, and the Step Jump function lets you instantly play just the step that you're pressing. From short-loop effects to unimaginably irregular rhythms, these functions allow dynamic performances as though you were performing the sequence itself.
- Swing function generates grooves - The Swing function adjusts the swing playback position, generating the distinctive groove of dance music styles such as hip-hop. As appropriate for the character of your song, you can shift between rushing and dragging the beat.
- Use the Analogue Isolator to control the sound
- Analog Isolator provides powerful and great-sounding possibilities - volca sample features a frequency isolator, which has become a powerful tool in the creation of numerous electronic genres. This lets you apply powerful changes to the sound and create development and breaks by boosting or cutting the low/high ranges. The isolator is implemented as an analog circuit, ensuring thick sound even in the flat position.
- Reverb Per Part - The built-in reverb effect can be switched on/off for each part. The isolator and reverb can be used together, enhancing your live performance with possibilities such as cutting the low range and letting it fly.
- Load samples from the dedicated iOS app - In addition to the 100 preloaded samples, you can use a dedicated, free iOS app to load your very own original user samples. Audio files on your iPhone or iPad or ambient sounds recorded with the app, can be used as samples. * Details about the dedicated iPhone application will be released in October 2014.
- Song mode for more dynamic performances - In a first for the volca series, a Song mode is featured. You can save up to six song patterns, each combining up to 16 sequences. This enables performance possibilities that are unique to the volca sample with its ability to play a diverse range of samples; for example you could play back together with another synchronized volca unit while dramatically changing the rhythm pattern of the volca sample.
- Reverse function lets you play samples backward - The sample reverse playback that's indispensable for hip-hop is provided, and you can turn it on/off independently for each part.
- Convenient functions familiar from the volca series
- Playback can be synchronized with another volca or electribe unit, or with your DAW. - By using the sync jack you can synchronize the playback with another volca or electribe unit. You can also use the "SyncKontrol" iPhone app to control the tap tempo, and use the WIST functionality of an iOS music app such as KORG Gadget to allow wirelessly synchronized playback. The MIDI IN jack allows synchronization with other devices as well as performance using a MIDI controller, and also lets you use the volca as a sound module by sending note messages from your DAW.
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere - With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca anywhere and perform any time.
- Intuitive, ultra-powerful volca sequencer
- -A fun to use sequencer with superb improvisatory potential
- -Motion sequencer records and plays back up to 11 parameters
- -Active Step and Step Jump functions let you insert or remove steps
- -Swing function lets you generate grooves
- Sculpt samples with the Analog Isolator
- -Powerful and great-sounding Analog Isolator
- -Reverb effect
- New functions of the volca sample
- -Record, manage, and download samples from volca sample's dedicated iOS app
- -Song mode allows more dynamic performances
- -Reverse function plays sampled sounds backwards
- Convenient functions as found on the entire volca series
- -Familiar and intuitive panel layout with numerous parameters to edit sounds and sequences
- -Synchronized playback with other volca units, electribe, or DAW.
- -MIDI In for sample trigger, sync and parameter changes from any MIDI device
- -Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
I love it.
Crazy powerful, fab price.
A brilliant machine if you are thinking of getting into live electronic music performance; unfortunately it will leave you wanting to buy additional toys as on its own it is not quite enough to perform solo. A great way into live performance.
really great stuff came quickly and in perfect condition and i am really enjoying using it. thanks GAK!!!!!