Kramer SM-1 EMG (Black)
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
From the leading name in shred-certified rock machines comes a new guitar primed with the power for optimum rock action, the SM-1. Not only is the SM-1 with EMGsGäó and Floyd RoseGäó loaded with the kind of high-performance components that leading rock warriors demand, it's also crafted with meticulous attention to detail, using top tonewoods, in the labor-intensive "through-neck" styling. The result is a guitar of optimum versatility with the searing tone and unbridled sustain of premium active pickups. In short, the SM-1 With EMGsGäó and Floyd RoseGäó is an unparalleled performance tool, ready to handle all the speed and aggression you can throw its way. Finished in Gloss Black, the guitar is also every bit as stunning to look at as it is to play.
Mahogany is a legendary tonewood, beloved by players and luthiers alike for its excellent blend of depth, richness and clarity. The body of the SM-1 With EMGsGäó and Floyd RoseGäó is made from solid mahogany, in a "through-neck" design in which another solid piece of mahogany forms both the neck and central body core. The neck itself is carved to the popular SlimTaperGäó profile, known for its blend of speed and comfort, and topped with an Ebony fingerboard with 24 medium-jumbo frets and a 14-inch radius. The guitar is built to the 25 1/2" scale length that many shredders prefer, which offers tight, thumping lows, crystal-clear highs, and shimmering harmonics.
The SM-1 With EMGsGäó and Floyd RoseGäó carries three premium active EMG pickups, a set that takes this performance machine into the stratosphere. The EMG 81TW in the bridge position is a new rendition of one of EMG's most popular humbuckers of all time, now equipped with a mini-toggle for an outstanding additional single-coil tone in "tapped" mode providing a snappy alternative to its standard full-throated humbucker voice. For extreme tonal versatility, we've added a push/pull switch on the volume that engages the bridge pickup with all combinations of the 5-way pickup selector switch. In the neck and middle positions, EMG SA active noiseless single-coil pickups provide optimum sweetness and clarity. Together, they take you from scorching heavy rock riffing to nuanced ballad work, all at the flip of the 5-way switch. The SM-1 With EMGsGäó and Floyd RoseGäó also carries a genuine Floyd RoseGäó "double-locking" vibrato bridge and locking nut, with black die-cast tuners up top, for all the scorching rock action you can dish out, with perfect return-to-pitch capabilities every time.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Solid Mahogany Neck Through Body with stunning Gloss Black finish
- Mahogany neck with SlimTaper™ profile
- 14" Radius Ebony Fingerboard
- 25.5" Scale
- Loaded with an EMG 81TW pickup in the bridge and a pair of EMG SA's in the middle and neck
- Mini-toggle coil tap on bridge pickup
- Push/Pull Volume engages the bridge pickup in any position
- Recessed Original Floyd Rose tremolo
- Premium die cast tuners with 14:1 tuning ratio
- Body: Solid Mahogany, Non-Chambered
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: SlimTaper™
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Neck Fit: Neck-through
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: 24 Medium Jumbo
- Radius: 14"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Binding: White
- Inlays: Kramer Pearloid
- Nut: Floyd Rose™ Locking Nut. 1.68" width
- Logo: Gold Kramer Logo
- Truss Rod Cover: Black Truss Rod Cover with SM-1 Engraving
- Tuners: Premium Die-Cast Tuners, Die-cast Zinc with Hardened Steel Gears
- Bridge: Original Floyd Rose™ Vibrato Bridge with Locking Tuning System
- Knobs: Knurled Metal Dome Knobs
- Pickup Mounting Rings: Black ABS
- Strings .010 - .046, Swedish Steel "HEX" Core
- Strap Buttons: Die-cast Steel
- Bridge Pickup: EMG 81TW (Ceramic/Steel)
- Middle Pickup: EMG SA (Alnico V)
- Neck Pickup: EMG SA (Alnico V)
- Potentiometers: 1 Volume Control, 1 Tone Control
- Toggle Switch: Five-way Blade Selector Switch, 3-way Mini Toggle
- Output Jack: Traditional 1/4"
- Finish: Polyurethane, Gloss Black