KRK R6 G3 Passive Studio Monitor (Single)
KRK R6 G3 Passive Studio Monitor Overview By GAK.
The KRK R6 G3 is passive but bold. R6 G3 is the passive equivalent of the world famous Generation 2 RoKit studio monitor series by KRK. KRK RoKits are an extremely popular choice for accurate studio monitoring. The new KRK R6 provides the high standard of monitoring you'd expect from a KRK speaker and offers better accuracy and better performance than other passive monitors raising the bar once again. R6 is the truth!
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Our R6 has radically curved surfaces for a reason: it sounds better. Traditional rectangular speakers suffer from diffraction as sounds leaving the edge of the cabinet are reflected back into the sound field causing phase distortion. The R6 virtually eliminates diffraction and provides a wider sweet spot because of its radically engineered curved surfaces.
- Take a look at competitive monitors and you'll find ports on the back of the cabinet. These rear-firing ports tend to create bass coupling with walls and corners, amplifying low frequency information which will color your mix. The superior design of the KRK R6 includes front-firing ports, which are just the right shape to reduce port turbulence. You'll appreciate the clean and accurate bass performance this approach delivers, even at high SPLs.
- We took a great monitor series and made it better. Our engineers and listening panel took the Generation 2 RoKit's speaker voicing to even greater levels of accuracy. With the R6 what you hear is what you need to hear, without coloration or artificial emphasis. This performance is delivered by drivers that are custom-designed by our world-class studio monitor engineering team, for clear, low-distortion performance.
- Our recessed tweeters may look the same as others, but they don't perform the same. Our careful design of dome and waveguide geometry coupled to the curved front baffle are optimized for on and off-axis linearity resulting in excellent imaging and a wider sweet spot.
- Team the R6 up with your favorite power amplifier and enjoy clarity and accuracy in your project, home or professional studio. The R6 is also perfect for home theater, audiophile or other critical listening applications where pure and detailed audio reproduction is desired.
- Our Focus. Your Mix. Brought to you by the R6 and KRK Systems.
- 1" Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter
- Glass Aramid Composite Cone Woofer
- Radically curved front plate design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing port provides low freq extension without boundary coupling
- High Frequency Waveguide design provides amazing detail and on and off-axis imaging
- Precision 2-way crossover delivers accurate frequency transition between woofer and tweeter
- Peak SPL : 107dB
- Frequency Response 49 Hz - 20 kHz, /-2 dB
- Model - R6
- Configuration - 2-Way Monitor
- System type - Passive Full Range
- High-Frequency Transducer - Soft dome tweeter
- Low-Frequency Transducer - 6" woofer
- Nominal Impedance - 4 ohm
- Freq. Range (-10dB) - 40Hz - 34kHz
- Calculated Max Peak SPL - 107 dB SPL
- Sensitivity - 81 dB (1W/1M)
- Crossover Freq - 100W RMS, 400W Peak
- RMS Power Handling - 100 watts
- Video Shielding - Yes
- Recommended Amplifier - 50W - 150W RMS @ 4 ohms
- Cabinet Material - MDF
- Connectors - Gold plated banana
- Enclosure Construction - MDF
- Finish - Black vinyl wrap
- Dimensions (D x W x H) - 11.4" x 8.9" x 13.1" (290x226x332mm)
- Product Net Weight - 18.3 Lbs. (8.3 kg.)