Kurzweil PC3A8 Performance Controller
Kurzweil PC3A8 Performance Controller Overview By GAK.
The Kurzweil PC3A8 is a critically-acclaimed, stunning new German 9' Grand Piano that has been expertly sampled and voiced by Kurzweil's industry-leading sound designers. This stunning new Kurzweil piano starts with the heritage of the acclaimed PC3, add KORE 64 and the Artis® German D Grand Piano and you have the powerhouse, PC3A.
German D Exp Samples of amazing tone, realism, and expression fuel the V.A.S.T.® PC3 sound engine. Perfectly matched with a weighted Fatar TP40L action.
KORE 64™ Powered
pc3a kore 64 Factory Installed! Stunning Synths, Electric Guitars, Horns, Drums and Percussion to expand your sonic pallet.
KB3 ToneReal™ Organs
pc3a KB3 Modeled after classic Hammond, Vox and Farfisa organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars.
1300+ Factory Programs!
Artis programs A wealth of sounds from classic to modern. A serious collection starting with the Artis® German 9' Grand Piano, PC3 Series Vintage Electric Pianos, Clavinets, Synthesizers, rich and realistic String Sections and Orchestras, Guitars, Percussion and much more.
Powerful FX Engine
PC3A FX Hundreds of award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more available at your finger tips. Global Master EQ and Multiband Compressor built-in.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Artis® German 9' Grand Piano - Samples of amazing tone, realism, and expression fuel the V.A.S.T.® PC3 sound engine. Perfectly matched with a weighted Fatar TP40L action.
- KORE 64™ Powered - Factory Installed! Stunning Synths, Electric Guitars, Horns, Drums and Percussion to expand your sonic pallet.
- KB3 ToneReal™ Organs - Modeled after classic Hammond, Vox and Farfisa organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars.
- 1300 Factory Programs! - A wealth of sounds from classic to modern. A serious collection starting with the Artis® German 9' Grand Piano, PC3 Series Vintage Electric Pianos, Clavinets, Synthesizers, rich and realistic String Sections and Orchestras, Guitars, Percussion and much more.
- Powerful FX Engine - Hundreds of award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more available at your finger tips. Global Master EQ and Multiband Compressor built-in.
- Setup Mode = Control Central - Layer and split combinations to inspire. Setups give you the tools to take command of your live performances, featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and 16 arpeggiators!
- 29! Programmable Physical Controllers - 9 Sliders, 10 Switches, 2 Wheels, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input, 3 Switch Pedal Inputs, 2 Continuous Control Pedal Input. (1 sustain/switch pedal is included).
- Quick Access - Organize and bookmark your sound catalog as needed. Recall selections with one button press.
- Easy Access Transpose Buttons - Convenient -/ controls located right on-screen.
- USB Plug 'n Play - Saving, loading, OS updates and MIDI functionality are all made easy on the PC3A with both on-board USB Host and Device ports.
- Software Editor - Get deeper into editing your PC3A Programs, Setups and Effects!
- Keyboard - 88-note, fully-weighted hammer-action, with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys, featuring a quick release spring, striking an ideal balance of playability between piano type parts and synth/organ parts.
- (Fatar TP40L)
- Display - 240 x 64 angled, backlit CCFL w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
- Polyphony - 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
- Multitimbral - 16 parts (one per MIDI channel).
- Architecture - Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments, VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds, Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Sound ROM Expansion Slots - Includes KORE 64™ and the German D Grand EXP Piano built-in.
- Desktop Editor - Mac and PC platforms
- Factory Presets - 1453 Stunning Factory Presets.
- Factory MIDI Setups - 216 factory programmed MIDI setups - featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, independent controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings.
- File Compatibility:
- Loads from: PC3K: All objects except samples.
- -PC3LE: All objects.
- -K2 Series: The majority of Setups, Programs, and Keymaps (no sample loading; see the manual for details).
- General MIDI - Standard.
- User Memory - 16,000 locations for user objects.
- Sequencer - Unlimited tracks (on import); 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global "set song length" functions are also featured.
- Effects - 16 insert effects distributed over 11 busses, two auxiliary sends and two Master Effects (saved with each song and setup); featuring hundreds of our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
- Master FX Section - User controllable master EQ section and master compressor for quick adjustments during live performance or putting the final touches on your studio mix. (These do not use up the insert effect resources.)
- Controllers - Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 10 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 switch pedal input, 2 continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input. Controller values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program.
- Arpeggiator - 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases.
- Riffs - 16 unique "Riff" generators, used for triggering MIDI sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multi-track arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any on-board physical controller.
- Analog Outputs - Four 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs).
- Headphones - 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output.
- Digital Outputs - 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192-kHz modes. (externally clockable)
- MIDI - In, Out, Thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI Out).
- USB Computer Port - MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC3A to load/save data directly to and from a Mac/PC as well as perform OS updates.
- USB Storage Port - Supports USB thumb-drives for loading/saving user data as well as performing OS updates.
- FREE OS Updates - Flash ROM upgradeable via direct-USB or thumb-drive.
- Included Accessories - Power cable, Switch pedal, USB cable, (4) self adhesive feet.
- Height - (4.33") (11.00 cm)
- Depth - (13.98") (35.50 cm)
- Length - (54.33") (138 cm)
- Weight - (54 lb.) (24.50 kg)
- Power - Internal AC power supply.