Laney IRT-X Ironheart 200W Active Expansion Cab
Laney Product Overview
The new Ironheart IRT-X is a revolutionary new product offering a number of ways of expanding your rig! You can run this cabinet in-line between your existing amp & speaker which, unlike an extension cabinet (which sits after your output section), the IRT-X sits BETWEEN your amps output section and your amps speaker and cleverly mimics the response characteristics of your on-board speaker.
Also, unlike most guitar speakers, which are commonly rolled off above 4Khz, the IRT-X houses a high quality flat response 8" Driver and a 1"Compression Driver. As soon as you connect the IRT-X, YOUR guitar tone has the capability for far more highs and lows, which means more tone! Used in its most straightforward application the IRT-X gives you more of YOUR tone! And since it's YOUR tone what better than to use it as your own personal guitar monitor on stage G"ô every gigging musician has run into problems hearing themselves on stage.
Another great application is as an active monitor for your current guitar preamp/amp modeller. The use of hi tech modelling setups requires some specific considerations when it comes to amplification. The IRT-X is ideally suited to pairing with a modelling processor or DSP based DAW package as the IRT-X has a completely flat, full range frequency response. Meaning your carefully modelled signal path in not re-EQ'd during the amplification process.
Another application is as a basis for a wet/dry rig. Plug your effects into the IRT-X and you get all the benefit of your unadulterated guitar tone with effects only in the IRT-X giving you a Wet/Dry set up or return your FX into both the IRT-X and your amps FX loop and run a truly massive stereo set up. Or run two IRT-X expansion cabinets in conjunction with your amp for the ultimate wet/dry/wet stereo rig!!
The IRT-X's Electro/Mechanical Reactive Linking (ERL) offers you tonal options previously unavailable for YOUR tone. The IRT-X has a super compact footprint which means you can have a massive sound on even the smallest stage. Mic-ing the IRT-X is simple too! The IRT-X comes equipped with an XLR DI out. Which can be sent directly to the PA and provides either a completely dry signal, or can be cabinet emulated with or without FX! Emulation options include Dry, so there is no need to use a mic & stand, which on a tight stage is great news. The on-board DI also means you get the same great tone night after night, venue after venue no more relying on mic placements!
Coupled with useful other features (such as minijack input for your MP3 player) this really is a product that will expand your tone!
- Power: 200W RMS ICE POWER
- Inputs: XLR/Jack Combi inputs
- Drivers: High quality Flat Response 8" Bass driver High quality 1" compression driver
- Cabinet Design: Offset Trapizoidal - upright or monitor orientations
- FX Loop(s): Stereo FX loop
- DI Socket: Balanced DI output with source switching
- Equalisation: Master Treble & Bass EQ
- Line In: Jack
- Aux In: Mini Jack
- Cabinet Emulation: Switchable Cabinet emulation, Non, 1 x 12" or 4 x 12" options
- Speaker In and Thru connectors: Jack Socket
- Speaker Phase Switch: Allows for Phase reversal of the unit.
- Ground Lift: Hum busting ground lift switches
- Pole Stand Fitting: Top hat supplied as standard
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year