LD Systems DDQ 15 Active PA Speaker with DSP
LD Systems DDQ 15 2-Way Touring Class Powered Loudspeaker with DSP
It's not often you come across a genuine, pro-level, touring class active speaker, but LD Systems have nailed it with the DDQ 15. Built from a Polyurea coated combination of 18mm and 15mm birch ply with a steel grille, this is a cabinet that is ready to withstand whatever you can throw at it.
The heart of this bi-amped speaker is a pair of ultra-efficient 700W Hypex UCD700 Class D amplifiers, giving a total power output of an incredible 1400W RMS and a whopping peak SPL of 136dB. Handling that power with ease is a 15" Faital Pro neodymium driver paired with a rugged 1.75" ceramic BMS tweeter delivering controlled lows, balanced mids and a detailed top end for rich, crystal clear sound. The addition of a DSP-based, 1ms look-ahead limiter ensures that even if a signal manages to overload the DDQ 15, your sound will remain distortion free.
Talking of DSP, the LD Systems DDQ 15 has an in-built 24-bit/48kHz custom Sharc DSP which provides not just the look-ahead limiter but also volume control, crossover, phase alignment, EQ and delay, and even takes care of the comprehensive protection systems you would expect from such a high-end speaker.
Not only is the DDQ 15 an incredibly fine front-of-house speaker but, for larger systems it is also perfectly suited to use as a stage monitor. Designed with an angled cabinet, it can lie at a perfect 50° angle and the asymmetrical HF horn can be rotated by 90° ensuring appropriate HF sound coverage for the performers. With multiple fly points also built-in, the LD Systems DDQ 15 really is the ultimate answer to many of the questions asked of a live sound speaker.
- Product type: PA loudspeaker
- Type: Powered
- Design: DSP controlled
- Low/mid driver dimensions1: 5 "
- Woofer size: 381 mm
- Low/mid driver magnet: Neodymium
- Low/mid driver brand: Faital Pro
- Low/mid driver voice coil: 3 "
- Low/mid driver voice coil: 75 mm
- Tweeter dimensions: 1.4 "
- Tweeter dimensions (mm): 35.6 mm
- Tweeter magnet: ceramic
- Tweeter brand: BMS
- Tweeter voice coil: 1.75 "
- Tweeter voice coil (mm): 44.4 mm
- Amplifier: 2 x Class D, Hypex UCD700
- Dispersion (H x V): 80 x 50 °
- RMS: 1400 (2 x 700) W
- Frequency response: 38 - 20000 Hz
- Crossover frequency: 1300 Hz
- Max. SPL (continuous): 124 dB
- Max. SPL (peak): 136 dB
- Integrated media player: no
- Protection circuits: DSP-based "look ahead" limiter , over voltage , over-current , RMS power supply limiter , RMS speaker limiter
- Controls: Gain , ground lift , mains switch (on/off) , X-Over Sub
- Indicators: Operate , Peak Limit , Signal , X-Over Sub
- Line inputs: 1
- Line input connectors: XLR
- Line outputs: 1
- Line output connectors: XLR
- Operating voltage: Switching power supply
- Operating voltage: 180 - 264 V AC, 47 - 63 Hz
- Cabinet material: 15 mm Birch Plywood , 18 mm Birch Plywood
- Cabinet surface: Polyurea
- Cabinet construction: Bass Reflex
- Monitor angle: 50 °
- Width: 420 mm
- Height: 736 mm
- Depth: 488 mm
- Weight: 31.5 kg
- Features: 13 x M10 flying points , LD Systems "Evolutive" handles , switchable high-pass filter
No upgrades available