Lewitt LCT 640 TS Condenser Microphone
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
Lewitt LCT 640 TS Product Overview by GAK
A true next gen microphone that will revolutionise the way we think about the recording process. The LCT 640 TS utilises Dual Output mode with it's two diaphragms using independent circuitries, allowing you to achieve Mid-Side stereo recordings with a single microphone.
The microphone features an extended frequency range allowing you to capture every little nuance in crystal clear detail.
The LCT 640 TS also features a highly rugged build and comes with Lewitt's own Magnetic Pop Filter, removing sibilance and plosive sounds. The illuminated interface (featuring a low-cut filter and attenuation pad) allows you to use the mic in low level environments.
Lewitt Product Overview
Designed and engineered in Austria, LEWITT’s LCT 640 TS will revolutionize the way we think about the recording process. Set to Dual Output mode, the microphone’s front and back diaphragm follow two independent circuitries. Using both outputs of the LCT 640 TS while recording is like capturing the whole scene instead of just recording a source as this adds the freedom of changing the polar pattern dynamically from cardioid all the way to Figure-8 at any time - also during post-production. This way it’s possible to practically jump back to the session, change the material you have already recorded dynamically by adjusting the polar pattern, add or subtract room, or even turn your microphone by 180°.
In order to make it easier and more fun to play around with different polar patterns, LEWITT created the Polarizer plug-in (compatible with PC and MAC, available as VST, AU and AAX plugin). Using the Polarizer, polar patterns can simply be set and fine tuned using a slider bar.
Usually, stereophony can only be done with two microphones. Now, it is way easier to use one LCT 640 TS by pointing the side of the microphone to the signal source and record both outputs on a stereo track. Changing the panorama for both signals will adjust the stereo width.
Set to Single Output Mode the LCT 640 TS has all the well-known characteristics of a studio multi-pattern condenser microphone. Equipped with LEWITT’s Perfect Match technology any two LCT 640 TS will always form a matched pair. Clipping History, 4 low-cut and pre-attenuation settings round off the impressive feature list of the LCT 640 TS.
- Type: Condenser, externally polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Diaphragm: 3 micron gold sputtered Mylar
- Transducer Ø: 25.4 mm, 1 in
- Polar pattern (Dual Output Mode): Create any polar pattern in post-production
- Polar pattern (Multi-Pattern Mode): omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8
- Sensitivity: 31.4 mV/Pa, -30.1 dBV/Pa (cardioid), 30.3 mV/Pa, -30.3 dBV/Pa (omni), 34.1 mV/Pa, -29.4 dBV/Pa (figure-8)
- Equivalent noise level: 10.5 dB (A), cardioid
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 133.8 dBSPL, 0 dB pre-attenuation
- Signal / noise ratio: 83.5 dB (A)
- Dynamic range: 123.3 dB (A)
- Pre-attenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB
- Low-cut filter: linear, 40 Hz (12 dB/oct), 80 Hz (12 dB/oct), 160 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance: 110 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1,000 Ω
- Supply voltage: 48 V +/- 4 V
- Current consumption: 5.1 mA
- Mic enclosure: Zinc die cast
- Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR + Mini 3-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 158 x 52 x 36 mm, 6.22 x 2.04 x 1.42 in
- Microphone net weight: 425 g, 14.9 oz