Line 6 Helix Rack Guitar Processor, Nearly New
Overview by GAK
Line 6 Helix Rack Guitar Processor, Nearly New
Open box stock in excellent condition, comes with all accessories, original packaging and full warranty
The Helix Rack is the rack-mountable version of the Helix Floor, presenting the same ultra-powerful dual-DSP technology, flexible I/O options and effortless interface in a studio/backline-friendly format. The Rack can be enhanced with the Helix Control unit to give it the live performance and hands-free capabilities of the Floor. It’s the ideal solution if you’re primarily studio-based and may not need the hands-on control offered by the Floor or need a more straightforward solution for onstage use when used in tandem with the Control.
Powered by dual-DSP processing and utilising Line 6’s innovative HX modelling technology, the Helix Rack is capable of delivering the authentic nuance and analogue character of the classic hardware that it’s emulating. The amplifier models boast a stunning dynamic response, the pedals have had their individual components painstakingly replicated for unbelievable accuracy (the “Transtronic” process) and the cabinets have a high-resolution and beautiful low-end detail. You can choose from sixteen mics to place at twenty-three different positions as well as import your own impulse responses for further tweakability of your tone.
The sheer amount of under-the-hood power also allows for four stereo signal paths per preset, up to eight snapshots per preset (instantly recall an alternate version of a patch) and up to thirty-two simultaneous effects (depending on how DSP-intensive the effects are). With this capability, you’re able to construct an insane guitar-rig with multiple routings that would cost ten times more than the Helix Rack.
Take Control Of Helix
When used together with the Helix Control, the full performance potential of the Rack is unlocked. Using the touch-sensitive footswitches and an external expression pedal (connect up to three), you can enter Pedal Edit mode to adjust parameters whilst keeping your hands on your instrument. The customisable scribble strips and coloured LED rings tell you exactly what is assigned to the footswitch as well as the effect type in an instant.
Supercharge Your Setup
With an impressive array of I/O options available - including MIDI, XLR, USB and S/PDIF - the Helix Rack can be the nerve centre of your live and studio arsenal.
If you’re looking to integrate the Helix Rack into an existing setup, the four send and four return ports can be assigned as four mono/two stereo effects sends (so you can easily connect your individual pedals) or flexible inputs and outputs that can be freely assigned. For example, you can feed a virtual version of your rig into the PA and separately send the Helix effects into your onstage amp - giving you the best of both worlds!
Built Like A Tank
All this unbelievable tech is housed within a robust aluminium chassis that’ll withstand the rigours of hard touring and gigging.
The free Helix software editor is available if you want the ability to edit your presets, rename the footswitch labels, develop complex signal paths and much more on your computer.
Join The Legends
With world-class players such as Steve Howe (Yes, Asia), Vernon Reid (Living Colour), Billy Sheehan (Mr Big, Steve Vai) and Tosin Abasi (Animals As Leaders) having used a Helix as part of their touring rig, you’ll be in fantastic company as a Helix Rack user.
Overview by Line 6
Authentic Tone - When it comes down to authentic sound and feel, Helix represents a giant leap forward for guitar technology. The dual-DSP engine provides massive power to accurately recreate the dynamic feel of tube amplifiers, not just their sonic fingerprint. Helix 2.0 firmware includes five new amp models based on the legendary Mesa/Boogie® Mk IV and Marshall® JCM® 800, as well as new distortion, EQ, modulation and delay effects.
The new HX Hybrid cabs represent a new approach to the speaker cabinet capture process. Not only do they provide the resolution of a 2048-point Impulse Response at lower DSP usage, they also provide a far more accurate low-end response than previously possible, as the proximity effect of the microphone is accurately captured at 12 different distances. Helix also lets you load custom impulse responses, allowing you to personalize your rig setup even further.
Each stage of an amp’s circuit has been measured and matched back to the
Massive power traditionally comes with a steep learning curve, but Helix challenges that way of thinking. Touch-sensitive footswitches allow you to select an effect block or
PEDAL EDIT MODE
Helix was designed to allow guitarists to interact with technology in more intuitive ways, making the creation of tones easier. This means that—for the very first time—you won’t have to stop playing to tweak a knob. With Pedal Edit Mode, you can edit any amp or effect parameter you like using your foot: simply select the block that you want to tweak, and its parameters spill out onto the footswitches. Select a parameter, and tweak the value using the expression pedal.
CAPACITIVE TOUCH FOOTSWITCHES
Helix is the fastest tone creator of its kind, giving you the ability to touch a footswitch and quickly tweak parameters or easily assign or learn controllers. Instantly jump to any block simply by touching the associated footswitch. It’s so fast you can comfortably assign any item to a switch in 3 seconds.
FOUR STEREO SIGNAL PATHS
With FOUR stereo signal paths per preset, Helix allows you to design complex routing scenarios. Creating variations on 4-cable method and wet-dry-wet routing schemes is as easy as selecting a template preset, and using the onboard effects models in conjunction with the 4 freely-assignable effects loops means that the tonal possibilities are truly huge.
INSTANTLY RECALL YOUR TONES
The new Snapshots performance feature in Helix 2.0 firmware enables you to instantly recall, switch, and control selected elements of your tone within individual presets. Snapshots can act as eight variations of the same tone, eight drastically different tones, or any combination thereof—all within the same preset.
*Mesa/Boogie is a registered trademark of Mesa/Boogie, Ltd. Marshal and JCM are registered trademarks of Marshall Amplification Plc.
- Dual DSP-powered HX modeling engine with 4 discrete stereo signal paths, 45 amps, 30 cabs, 16 mics and 70 effects
- Imports 3rd party 1024/2048 cab IR's (impulse responses)
- Large 6.2 inch 800x480-pixel LCD display
- Extensive I/O for seamless integration with your entire rig - 10 inputs 12 outputs (including four fx loops), plus 8-in/8-out USB audio interface
- Up to 3 expression pedals, expression toe switch input, CV/Expression out, external amp switching and deep MIDI control
- AES/EBU and SPDIF digital I/O with Wordclock sync
- Industry-leading 123dB of dynamic range on the guitar input, for tremendous depth and ultra-low noise
- Tour Grade construction - 3RU rack enclosure with optional foot-based controller
- THE CENTER OF YOUR RIG:
- -As the most advanced guitar processor ever made, Helix can become the nerve center for your entire studio or touring rig . Easily integrate traditional effects pedals and other hardware into your environment, creating a seamless hybrid rig that incorporates the best of what software and hardware have to offer.
- FLEXIBLE AUDIO ROUTING:
- -Helix has the most flexible audio routing ever seen on a guitar processor. Use the four effects loops to connect four separate pedal chains, or split them up and use them as freely-assignable inputs and outputs. In combination with four discrete signal paths, this means that you can process multiple instruments at once, send wet and dry signals to different places, and create large integrated systems that take advantage of both digital and analog I/O at the same time.
- POWERFUL MASTER CONTROLLER:
- -When you need to incorporate external devices via MIDI, Helix offers more flexibility than any multi-effect ever. In addition to powerful real time MIDI control, Helix can send up to six separate commands at patch recall that aren’t assigned to a footswitch, which means you can change a patch on a synth, start a sequencer, and turn up a fader on an external digital mixer, all with one press of a footswitch. Add two additional expression pedal inputs, CV/Expression out, and external amp switching, and Helix can be the command center for any size rig.
- VARIAX CONTROL ENHANCEMENTS:
- -Helix 2.0 firmware features new Variax® control enhancements that open up new performance possibilities. Toggle between two guitar models with a footswitch, control the Variax tone knob with an expression pedal, assign a momentary footswitch to drop D, and more.
- AS EASY TO USE AS HELIX:
- -Helix Edit features the same accessible and intuitive user interface as Helix itself, so there’s no need to learn a new workflow. Reorganize your patch list, rename patches, edit tones, and customize footswitch labels quickly and efficiently. Drag and drop amps, cabs, and effects to build complex signal chains with ease. And adjust settings and parameters using dedicated sliders and knobs.
- COMPUTER-BASED EDITING:
- -Helix Edit software provides a convenient way to edit tones on your computer. Stay focused on your creative work when you’re recording with a DAW—Helix Edit is available when you need it. Simply leave Helix on the floor or in the rack and keep working at your computer. You’ll also have the advantage of viewing complex patches and intricate signal paths on your large computer screen.
- SEE EVERY DETAIL:
- -Helix Edit lets you visualize every detail of your tone editing workflow on your computer. See a comprehensive visual overview of your tones and settings in the Main Editor panel. Quickly browse banks, presets and impulse responses in the Librarian panel. Easily dial in the perfect live sound with the Global EQ panel. And quickly assign commands for your external gear in the Command Center panel.