M-Audio Oxygen 49 MK V USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
Overview by GAK
M-Audio’s Oxygen series of MIDI controller keyboards is better than ever with the introduction of the MK V. Thanks to a host of inspiring capabilities such as Smart Chord/Scale, Note Repeat, an onboard arpeggiator and DAW mapping as well as a (free) top-notch sofware bundle, what was already one of the best value-for-money MIDI keyboards on the market has been taken to another level.
This version of the M-Audio Oxygen MK V series of MIDI controller keyboards presents a great balance between portability & instantly available range, with 49 full-size, smooth & highly responsive synth-action keys. If you’re regularly using virtual instruments such as synths in your productions or compositions, the 49-key version will provide a more realistic playing experience. Plus, it has 7 more assignable sliders than the smaller 25-key model, which you can use to control both your DAW and instrument plugins. If you need to conserve space in your studio or are regularly gigging with a laptop-based setup, the 49-key Oxygen MKV is a great choice.
The 61-key version of the Oxygen MKV is also available, featuring an extra octave of range that allows you to get the most expressivity out of your software instruments. If you need an ultra-compact solution that can be used on-the-go, check out the 25-key model.
Make sure you download the latest firmware update to experience fresh features and deeper integration with Ableton Live. In addition to improved pitch & mod wheel performance, time clock and an enhanced Preset Editor, the new firmware adds Automatic Mapping for Ableton Live. Now you can control clips with pads, use the faders to control track functions and more. You can learn about the Oxygen Series’ tighter intergration with Ableton here.
If you’re looking for a USB MIDI keyboard that offers more range and additional hands-on control at an affordable price, the M-Audio Oxygen MK V 49 is hard to beat.
- 49 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys
- Preset and DAW buttons for auto-mapped DAW instruments and plugins
- Smart Chord mode enables playing of enharmonic or custom chord voicings
- Smart Scale mode eliminates wrong notes making it easy to craft a perfect song
- Arpeggiator with Type, Octave, Gate and Swing controls
- 2 banks of 8 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with Note Repeat for beat production
- (8) assignable knobs for manipulating virtual instruments and plugins
- (9) Assignable faders let you mix your productions with ease
- Transport buttons let you control your DAW without reaching for the mouse
- Display provides instant parameter feedback
- Ergonomically designed pitch and modulation wheels & 1/4” sustain pedal input
- Includes MIDI editor software and a complete software production package featuring Ableton Live Lite, MPC Beats, 2 Virtual Instruments from AIR Music Technology (Hybrid, Mini Grand) and 5 MPC Beats Expansion Packs
- Power: USB bus-powered
- Dimensions (Width x Depth x Height): 32” x 9.6” x 3.7”, 814 mm x 243 mm x 94 mm
- Weight: 6.4 lbs., 2.9 kg