Mackie Thump15A Active PA Speaker
Mackie Thump 15A Active PA Speaker overview from GAK
Stages, venues, bars, festivals, even some of the best warehouse and house parties we've been to have been using Mackie PA speakers. The Thump Series from Mackie has a legendary status in the PA world, solidly built, powerful and extremely affordable speakers, the Thump series is synonymous with professional quality at incredibly competitive prices.
Continuing the great legacy of the series, Mackie introduces their latest Thump speakers with a fully redesigned cabinet, electronics and innovative features.
The Mackie Thump 15A is a powerful active PA speaker featuring a 1300W class-D amplifier with Dynamic Bass Response™ technology. The new amplifier design uses a much higher voltage power supply, giving the 15A an ultra-fast response for transients and gut-punching deep bass, regardless of volume.
The speakers 15-inch high-output woofer and 1.4-inch titanium dome compression driver, produce 1300 watts of power spread across 1000W LF and 300W HF. Thumping bass is matched with crisp detailed highs giving you the very best sound quality.
Mackie's advanced system protection and responsive thermal limiting ensure your speaker avoids any risky surges and overloads, keeping your system safe and free from breakdowns, reliability integral to live performances.
The Mackie Thump 15A features a built-in 2-channel mixer featuring Vita™ preamps and Wide-z™ technology that accommodates mic, line and instrument signals. The Thump 15A equips you for a performance without the need for an external mixer.
Switch between four speaker voicing modes tailored to a range of applications that instantly optimise your speaker. 'Music' accommodates DJ and general digital audio playback use, 'Live' is tailored for exactly that, bands, singers, acoustic performances. 'Monitor' tailors the speaker to work well in the horizontal stage positioning and finally 'Sub' removes some of the lower frequencies of the speaker, to work efficiently with a tethered Mackie Thump 18S Subwoofer.
Packing so much power doesn't have to equate to a heavy unit, the Thump 15A weighs in at just under 16KG making it highly portable, the enclosure has been redesigned for heavy use meaning the 15A is a tough cookie, accommodating constant movement between locations or consistent, relentless venue usage.
- 15'' high-output woofer and 1.4'' titanium dome compression tweeter
- Incredibly efficient class-D amplifier - 1000W LF and 300W HF
- All-new amplifier design with Dynamic Bass Response™ technology allows for incredibly fast transient response delivering more chest-thumping low-end than ever before
- Next-generation system protection and thermal limiting
- 2-channel digital mixer
- 2 Digitally controlled Vita+™ preamps with Wide-Z™ technology for microphones, line and instrument signals
- XLR thru for wired connection to additional speakers
- Powerful DSP section with four application-specific modes that tailor the sonic performance
- Precision digital crossover and transducer time alignment
- Dual symmetrical monitor angles for stages
- 4 handle design for convenient transport from venue to venue
- Flexible mounting options including tripod and pole mounting
- Universal power supply with Power Factor Correction technology
Great cabs with a long standing reputation
Great sound, GREAT bass and surprisingly portable!