Marshall DSL5CR 5W 1x10 Valve Combo with Reverb
Marshall DSL5CR Product Overview by GAK
The DSL5CR is an all-valve 5-Watt Combo amp, delivering legendary Marshall tone in a beautiful new package.
Featuring two unique channels (Ultra Gain and Classic), the DSL5CR is perfect for recording, rehearsing and live performance. Whether you are looking for clean sounds or overdrive tones the impressive Combo has got you covered.
Both channels have their own volume and gain controls. The units 3 band EQ allows you to truly shape the tone of your guitar. You also get the Deep Switch control found on previous DSL models.
The onboard Low/High power switch for you to alter the amp's output from 5w to 0.5w without any effect on the output signal.
- Model Name: DSL5CR
- Amplifier Type: All-Valve Combo Amp
- Power Output: 5 Watts
- Input Sockets: 1/4" Instrument Input; Audio In (on rear panel); FX Send/Return (on rear panel); F/S footswitch input (on rear panel)
- Output Sockets: Emulated Cabinet Output (Headphone Socket)
- Speaker Outputs: 1 x 16 Ohm Speaker Out (bypasses built-in speaker)
- Channels: Classic Gain, Ultra Gain
- Channel Controls: Volume (Classic Gain); Gain, Volume (Ultra Gain); Channel Select Switch (Footswitch controllable, socket on rear panel)
- EQ Controls: Treble, Middle, Bass, Tone Shift Switch, Deep Switch
- Other Controls: Reverb; Low Power Switch (on rear panel)
No upgrades available
All the classic sounds are there and easy to access. A brilliant little amp.
Fantastic little amp
Took a gamble on this and it was well worth it. Sounds much larger than its 10 inch speaker and I think this is down to the cabinet construction. The combo is built like a tank but keeps a small foot print and is light. The power reduction option is great and gives you some good tones at very low volume. It is also great to have a full band EQ on an amp of this size. The deep and tone shift buttons also allow you to really tailor the sound from a fat rich overdrive to the classic Marshall bite. The emulated out for headphone / recording use is also very good with a decent amount of volume which is often neglected on amps of this size. I have nothing negative to say about this little combo. Even down to the little cut out on the front top to allow you to actually see what the controls are set to and operate them demonstrates it is a well thought out bit of kit that delivers great tones.
Great sound exactly what I was looking or and really sturdy build too
A surprisingly big sound from this amp, and easy to use, the foot switch to move from channel to channel is a nice touch too. Play loud or on the quiet mode, sound quality is consistent. A highly recommended unit.