Marshall SC20H Studio Classic JCM800 20W Head
Inspired by arguably one of the most successful guitar amps in Marshall’s history, the JCM800 2203. The Marshall Studio Classic delivers the full spectrum of JCM800 2203 tone from rich and full cleans to heavier driven aggressive sounds in a portable format. It has a master volume, versatile EQ settings including presence control, a preamp volume control, an added effects loop and DI out.
- Valves: 2x ECC83, 1x ECC83 (phase splitter) and 2x EL34
- Channels: Single channel with four separate inputs. High and low sensitivity loudness controls
- Power Consumption: 20W or 5W
- Speakers: 1x 10in Celestion V-type (combo only)
- Equalisation: Treble, middle, bass and presence
- Speaker Outputs: 5x 1/4in jack sockets(16Ω load / 8Ω load / 4Ω load) Outputs: DI Output
Really not for me. I feel really mean giving it two stars, because it sounds good in demos and such, but I also have to stress that it is a VERY misleading amp. It is 20 watts, switchable down to 5. I have owned other valve amps of similar wattages, including other marshalls. So I expected this to be useable at a reasonable "home" volume, like those amps. What you NEED to bear in mind if you are looking at these, is that the JCM800 needs to be turned up a bit to do the thing they are famous for. These scaled-down versions are the same, and even 5 watts is a LOUD 5 watts, making it louder than I am comfortable with. As a more manageable gigging/recording solution? I can see how these would be great, but I don't play in a band or record. So I sent mine back in a week.