Martin D-13E Ziricote Dreadnought Electro Acoustic
Overview by GAK
The Martin D-13E represents excellent value for money, giving you a professional-grade electro-acoustic guitar that punches miles above its weight.
The D-13E’s back and sides are crafted with a fine veneer of Ziricote, a tonewood that’s praised for its beautiful grain pattern, powerful low-end response and sparkling clarity. The Sitka Spruce top completes the Martin D-13E’s classy aesthetic and enhances the guitar’s tone by providing a crisp articulation.
The neck features a High Performance taper and a hand-rubbed finish, ensuring a comfortable and effortless playing experience.
Thanks to the powerful Fishman MX-T electronics, the rich detail of the D-13 E’s natural voice is accurately conveyed when plugged in. There’s soundhole tuner features a very useful auto-mute function, which kills the output signal when engaged so you can tune in silence during a performance.
The GPC-13E is available if you’d prefer a cutaway for easy access to the upper frets.
If you’re after a serious instrument at an attainable price that’s ready for the studio and the stage, the D13E is a brilliant choice.
Overview by Martin
When you look at the D-13E, you may have to pick your jaw off the floor. Its back and sides are crafted using a fine veneer of ziricote—a tonewood with a deeply layered grain that has a mesmerising mix of light tones and dark veins and a majestic, cathedral-like look. Beyond its striking appearance, this professional-grade guitar is equipped with Fishman® MX-T electronics and a soundhole tuner that auto mutes the output so your audience won’t know when you’re tuning. But the best part might be a price that’s every bit as attractive as the guitar.
- Series: Road Series
- Edition Size: Open
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Detail: None
- Rosette: Abalone Pearl Pattern with Multi-Stripe (New Option) X
- Bracing Pattern: Brace
- Brace Shape: None
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back Material: Ziricote Fine Veneer (New Option)
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: None
- Side Material: Ziricote Fine Veneer (New Option)
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: White
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Heelcap: White
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8"
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl Pattern
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 28 Style
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Color: Clear
- Finish Neck: Hand Rubbed
- Neck Color: None
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan 2.0 Medium - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA550T
- Knob: Small
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: None
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Case: Soft Shell
- Label: Paper Label
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T
- Left Handed Availability: Yes