Martin D-18 Dreadnought Acoustic, Re-Imagined Spec
Martin D-18 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Product Overview
The Martin D-18
The D-18 Dreadnought, a shape that Martin first built in 1916, provided a bigger, richer guitar sound at a time when there was no amplification for the accompaniment of singers in larger settings, including auditoriums. The D-18 Dreadnought is the most copied guitar shape today. The Standard Series constitutes the historic core of the Martin line and represents the majority of sizes and styles that have evolved during this century. If you are looking for the quintessential dreadnought guitar, look no further than the Martin D-18.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Style 18
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Solid Spanish Cedar
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Fingerboard Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12TH Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & SIDES: Polished Gloss/ Maple Stain/ Dark Filler
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Semi Gloss/ Maple Stain/ Dark Filler
- Bridge Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Standard Belly
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Chrome w/ Large Knobs
- Pickguard: Black