Martin D-18 Dreadnought Acoustic, Re-Imagined Spec, Left Handed
Martin Product Overview
The Martin D-18 was launched nearly a century ago and set the standard for all modern acoustic guitars. The Standard Series models are known for resonant warmth of tone with tastefully restrained styling.
For the most part, Martin is credited with inventing the styles and shapes of modern acoustic guitars. Guitar makers in general have moved to adopt Martins size designations as the standard for the industry.
The D-18 Dreadnought, a shape that Martin first built in 1916, provided a bigger, richer guitar sound at a time when there was no amplification for the accompaniment of singers in larger settings, including auditoriums.
The D-18 Dreadnought is the most copied guitar shape today. The Standard Series constitutes the historic core of the Martin line and represents the majority of sizes and styles that have evolved during this century. If you are looking for the quintessential dreadnought guitar, look no further than the Martin D-18.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Style 18
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Solid Spanish Cedar
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Fingerboard Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12TH Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & SIDES: Polished Gloss/ Maple Stain/ Dark Filler
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Semi Gloss/ Maple Stain/ Dark Filler
- Bridge Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Standard Belly
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Chrome w/ Large Knobs
- Pickguard: Black
No upgrades available