Martin D-28 Re-Imagined Dreadnought Acoustic, Left Handed
Martin D-28 Re-imagined Product Overview by GAK
(This is the left-handed version of the guitar.)
One of the most significant upgrades to Martin's flagship acoustics in years, the Re-Imagined series takes the iconic models of Martin's past and updates them whilst still staying true to their original appeal.
One of the most popular models in the Martin range, the D-28 is a dreadnought acoustic constructed of an East Indian Rosewood back and sides, delivering full, rich tones and a Sitka spruce top for that vibrancy that comes as part of the parcel with a Martin guitar.
The guitar's neck has been crafted from Select Hardwood, a very stable neck that will give you clear upper-mid sparkle.
The biggest change that Martin has made from the previous model is the introduction of forward-shifted bracing, giving the guitar more resonance than ever before.
All Martin guitars go through a PLEK machine which assures the consistency of the product, almost eliminating the chance of buzzing and overall creating a much more playable guitar.
- Model: D-28 (2017)
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Detail: None
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 28
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Antique White
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Detail: N/A
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Overlay
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Heelcap: Antique White
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Recommended Strings: SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP7200)
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Case: Molded Hardshell
- Label: None
- Electronics: None
- Left Handed Availability: Yes