Martin D-28 Re-Imagined Dreadnought Acoustic
Martin D-28 2017 Product Overview by GAK
Brand new for 2017, the D-28 from Martin blends original D-28 features with Martin's latest innovations.
The guitar is constructed of a sitka spruce top, an Ebony fingerboard, select hardwood neck and an East Indian Rosewood back.
The 2017 edition features a brand new neck profile combined with classic vintage appointments such as; open gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents and a faux tortoise pickguard.
Martin Product Overview
Sometimes innovation is in the details and this is certainly true with new re-imagined Martin D-28. After nearly a century at the helm, and as the quintessential workhorse of music legends like Hank Williams, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and so many more, Martin's legendary D-28 has been lovingly and artfully enhanced.
"The post WWII D-28 had a slightly different look than its predecessor and became the centerpiece of the folk and folk rock movements at their pinnacle in the 1950s and 1960s."says Chris Martin, Chairman and CEO of Martin Guitar
"We have extracted the finest features from the D-28 of both my grandfather's and my father's respective eras."
The all new D-28 blends the rich history of the guitar with Martin's newest and most heralded innovations. The 184 year old guitar maker has combined vintage appointments, including open gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and a faux tortoise pickguard with a new neck profile to give D-28 enthusiasts a modern feel and comfortable playing experience. Martin has also added forward-shifted bracing to allow greater vibration of the top. The legend just got better!
- Model: D-28 (2017)
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Detail: None
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 28
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Antique White
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Detail: N/A
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Overlay
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Heelcap: Antique White
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Recommended Strings: SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP7200)
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Case: Molded Hardshell
- Label: None
- Electronics: None