Martin DJR-10E StreetMaster Dreadnought Electro Acoustic
Overview by GAK
Martin have pulled off a magic trick with the DJR-10E StreetMaster, as they’ve managed to pack the weight and boom of a full-size dreadnought into a more comfortable and portable size. Loaded with Fishman Sonitone electronics and a distinct look that begs to be played, the DJR-10E StreetMaster is a great companion for the stage, the road or at home on your sofa!
At the core of the DJR-10E StreetMaster is its Sapele top, back and sides. This provides the DJR-10E SM with a beautifully balanced tone that suits all playing styles, from the most delicate fingerpicking to the boldest strummed rhythms. The high-performance neck taper provides you with effortless playability whilst retaining a substantial feel thanks to the neck width and string spacing.
This is coated in an ultra-thin satin finish, which gives the DJR-10E the rustic, distressed look of a well-loved instrument that you’ve been playing for years.
There’s a reason why Martin have called it the StreetMaster, with a look and sound that’ll get you noticed when you take it out into the world!
This guitar is a lot more than an excellent busking instrument, with a compact size that makes it an ideal travel instrument for guitarists that need something larger than a typical travel-sized guitar.
The DJR-10E is also gig and rehearsal ready. It’s equipped with powerful Fishman Sonitone electronics, which includes an under-saddle pickup with discrete controls for volume and tone that don’t get in the way of its old-school aesthetic.
The DJR-10E StreetMaster is a fantastic all-round acoustic guitar whilst being one of the most affordable ways to own a high-quality Martin instrument.
Overview by Martin
Enjoy the booming, full sound of a Dreadnought in a smaller, more playable size with the Martin DJR-10E StreetMaster. Its distinctive, distressed finish has a comfortably worn look that feels as if it’s an old friend you’ve been playing for years. But it doesn’t just look cool; this instrument is super-comfortable and playable, thanks to a thinner body and a high-performance neck taper. And when you climb on stage or step into the studio, high-performance Fishman Sonitone electronics make it easy to plug in and play your heart out. Whether it’s your first guitar or the one you take to gigs, the DJR-10E StreetMaster will take you to new musical places.
- Series: Junior
- Edition Size: Open
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint D
- Body Size: Junior-14 Fret (000 Depth}
- Top Material: Sapele
- Top Detail: None
- Rosette: MOP Pattern with Multi-Stripe X
- Bracing Pattern: Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: Sapele
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: None
- Side Material: Sapele
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: None
- Top Inlay Material: None
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Dreadnought Junior
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Dreadnought Junior Taper
- Headplate Material: Sapele (New Option}
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Overlay
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Heelcap: None
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Scale Length: 24"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 13/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 21/8"
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl Pattern
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Satin
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Top: Satin
- Top Color: Mahogany Burst
- Finish Neck: Hand Rubbed
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Style: Junior Style Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Recommended Strings: Retro Light MM12
- Knob: Small
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: None
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Case: Soft Gig Bag
- Label: Paper Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Left Handed Availability: Yes