Martin DX1KAE Dreadnought Electro Acoustic
Martin DX1KAE Dreadnought Electro Acoustic Product Overview
The DX1KAE acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 platform and a Dreadnought body design with attractive looks and playability. It is simple yet stylish, ready to plug in and play.
Pairing the solid Sitka spruce top with Hawaiian koa-pattern high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides, the DX1KAE Koa features on-board Fishman electronics and a non-cutaway style body. The DX1KAE is not only built to Martin's world-renowned standards but is highly affordable - a welcome addition to any guitarist's collection.
- Model: DX1KAE
- Neck construction: mortise and tenon neck joint
- Body size: D-14 fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multiple Black/White Boltaron with Red Fiber
- Top bracing pattern: A-Frame ''X-1''
- Top braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back material: Koa Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Side material: Koa Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Neck material: Natural Stratabond
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Standard Taper
- Headplate: Koa Pattern HPL
- Fingerboard material: Black Richlite
- Scale length: 25.4''
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8''
- Finish top: Hand Rubbed Finish
- Bridge material: Black Richlite
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed with small buttons
- Recommended strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor bronze (msp4100)
- Bridge & end pins: White with black dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Case: Sold separately Interior label: Foil Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone