Martin J-40 Re-Imagined Jumbo Acoustic, Left Handed
Martin J-40 Re-Imagined Product Overview by GAK
(This is the left-handed version of the guitar.)
One of the most significant upgrades to Martin's flagship acoustics in years, the Re-Imagined series takes the iconic models of Martin's past and updates them whilst still staying true to their original appeal.
Born for jazz clubs and blues haunts, the J-40 is a Jumbo acoustic, constructed of an East Indian Rosewood back and sides, delivering full, rich tones and a Sitka spruce top for that vibrancy that comes as part of the parcel with a Martin guitar.
The guitar's neck has been crafted from Select Hardwood, a very stable neck that will give you clear upper-mid sparkle.
The biggest change that Martin has made from the previous model is the introduction of forward-shifted bracing, giving the guitar more resonance than ever before.
All Martin guitars go through a PLEK machine which assures the consistency of the product, almost eliminating the chance of buzzing and overall creating a much more playable guitar.
- BODY SIZE: J-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- BRACING PATTERN: Forward Shifted X Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- NECK TAPER: High Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- ELECTRONICS: None
- TOP COLOR: Aging Toner
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: Antique White
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 5/32"
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- TOP DETAIL: None
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: White Plastic
- PICKGUARD: Faux Tortoise
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: Abalone
- PICKGUARD INLAY: None
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- ROSETTE: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BRACE MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- BACK & SIDES COLOR: None
- BRACE SIZE: 5/16"
- BACK DETAIL: None
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: Style 45
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- HEELCAP: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
- SIDE DETAIL: None
- ENDPIECE: Antique White
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Multi-Stripe
- NECK MATERIAL: Genuine Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: Reduced Hexagon
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Abalone
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
- SIDE DOTS: Black
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: SP ACOUSTIC 92/8 PHOSPHOR BRONZE MEDIUM (MSP4200)
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- TUNING MACHINES: Gold Open Gear
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- KNOB: Butterbean
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Block Inlay
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADPLATE BINDING MATERIAL: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
No upgrades available
50 years of searching and I’ve found the perfect guitar. Huge sound, fast and comfy neck, beautiful aesthetics. Sustain is unbelievable. Consistent everywhere on the neck. No dead spots!