Martin J-40 Jumbo Acoustic
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
The Standard Series is really the foundation of the entire line of Martin guitars. Historically every instrument Martin build today has evolved, in some degree, from these classic Martin designs, especially the Dreadnought. The large "Dreadnought" sized body, originated by Frank H. Martin and Oliver Hunt in 1916, is the most widely imitated guitar model in the world. Since its introduction in 1931, the Martin D-28 has remained the standard by which all large-bodied, steel-stringed acoustic guitars are measured. Standard Series guitars feature solid wood top, back and sides, polished gloss finish and hand-fit dovetail neck attachment.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- MODEL J-40
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: J-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 45
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: Standard "X" Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- TOP BRACES: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 45
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: White Boltaron
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: White Boltaron
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- SIDE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Low Profile
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Diamond/SquareTaper
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C.F. Martin Block- Select Abalone Pearl
- HEELCAP: White Boltaron with Black/White Boltaron Inlay
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16"
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8"
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Reduced Hexagon
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: White Boltaron
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-1/8"
- SADDLE: 16" Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Gold w/ Large Buttons
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin Studio Performance Medium Phosphor Bronze (MSP4200)
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Abalone Pearl Dots
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- CASE: 580 Geib style