Martin LX Little Martin Travel Acoustic, Black
Martin guitars have a unique, piano-like tone revered by musicians and music lovers all over the world. The X bracing patterns and quality tonewoods employed contribute to the complexity and richness of tone.
Over time the company has found ways to offer the Martin sound and feel for a lesser price and accommodate the entry-level and immediate player. Each series has a typical player and function in mind. This is accomplished by stripping down the features and cosmetics featured on Standard series models leaving the essential Martin build, giving you the classic and characteristic tone revered around the world.
Travel guitars arrived during the nineties and have never left. The idea of a compact scaled-down instrument with a ¾ scale length really embedded itself as a must-have item for guitar players. As well as being ideal for taking on holiday, many people like to have them as ‘sofa’ guitars, something lightweight and playable to strum in your downtime. .Martin & Co. introduced the Little Martin to meet the rising demand for smaller ¾ scale length instruments. It has a proportionately scaled down dreadnought shape and comes with various options. It is an excellent inexpensive option for beginners, travellers or just regular musicians. Due to its size, the Little Martin has many practical applications.
The scale length is ¾ of a standard scale length with 14 frets clear of the body. Gauge .12 and even gauge .13 gauge strings can be used (it’s worth checking with our acoustic department before changing gauge on any guitar). The nut width is 1 & 11/16 inches, standard width on many guitars.
The LX Black utilises high-pressure laminate (HPL) woods for the back, sides and top with an attractive finish. HPL provides a stable material with which to construct a guitar body and offer the instrument at an attractive price.HPL makes a great deal of sense for travellers as it is resistant to the ravages of humidity which is such a bugbear for quality solid tops. Ideal for camping trips, festivals, gap years and safari. The satin finish has a smooth matt texture and is practical and durable.
A durable and water-resistant gig bag is also supplied to ensure that this guitar can be kept safe and dry whilst travelling.
See the whole Little Martin range. There are options for different finishes, electronics and solid tops.
Want the next size up? Check out the Martin Junior range.
- LX BLACK Little Martin
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: Modified 0-14 Fret
- TOP: Jett Black HPL Textured Finish
- ROSETTE: Herringbone Style - Gold & Black
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: Modified X Series ''X''
- TOP BRACES: Crowned Cross Brace
- BACK MATERIAL: Jett Black HPL Textured Finish
- SIDE MATERIAL: Jett Black HPL Textured Finish
- NECK MATERIAL: Natural Stratabond
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- NUT MATERIAL: Black Corian
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/LX Taper
- HEADPLATE: Jett Black HPL
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Black Micarta or Black Richlite
- SCALE LENGTH: 23''
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/16''
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Black Micarta or Black Richlite
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-1/8''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Black Tusq
- TUNING MACHINES: Chrome w/ Small Buttons
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin Medium Phosphor Bronze (M550)
- BRIDGE & END PINS: Black w/ White Dots
- CASE: Padded Gig Bag
- INTERIOR LABEL: Gold Foil
No upgrades available