Martin OM-42 Re-Imagined Orchestra Model Acoustic
Martin OM-42 Re-Imagined Product Overview by GAK
One of the most significant upgrades to Martin's flagship acoustics in years, the Re-Imagined series takes the iconic models of Martin's past and updates them whilst still staying true to their original appeal.
Born for jazz clubs and blues haunts, the OM-42 is an Orchestra acoustic, constructed of an East Indian Rosewood back and sides, delivering full, rich tones and a Sitka spruce top for that vibrancy that comes as part of the parcel with a Martin guitar.
The guitar's neck has been crafted from Select Hardwood, a very stable neck that will give you clear upper-mid sparkle.
The biggest change that Martin has made from the previous model is the introduction of forward-shifted bracing, giving the guitar more resonance than ever before.
All Martin guitars go through a PLEK machine which assures the consistency of the product, almost eliminating the chance of buzzing and overall creating a much more playable guitar.
- Model: OM-42
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 45
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Material: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Block Inlay
- Headplate Binding Material: Grained Ivoroid with Multi-Stripe
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid with Multi-Stripe
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 45 Snowflake
- Fingerboard Binding Material: Grained Ivoroid with Multi-Stripe
- Side Dots: Black
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Gloss
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/4''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Abalone
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Molded Hardshell