Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Pedal
The Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter - Originally introduced as a key component of analog synthesizers, envelope controlled filters came into prominence in the early 1970s with the release of the legendary Mutron III. Envelope filters are wah-wah type sliding filters that are triggered by an input voltage. Unlike standard wah pedals whose center frequency is controlled by moving a treadle, an envelope filter's center frequency is controlled by playing dynamics, allowing for an almost unlimited variety of effects based on expressive nuances in a player's performance.
The Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter represents the state-of-the art in analog filtering. Like the original Mutron III, the AF-9 uses a CdS Photocoupler (HTV #P873) rather than a VCA at the heart of its circuit. The unique sound of Photocoupler circuitry provides a liquid, shimmering, vowel-like filtering that cannot be produced with other components, giving the AF-9 superior sound quality with lower noise levels than the competition.
The AF-9's Threshold control determines when the effect will trigger, while the Peak control boosts the center frequency for more dramatic filtering (like a Resonance control on a synthesizer). Selectable Range control (Hi/Low) determines the overall tone of the AF-9, while the Drive (Up/Down) control determines the direction of the filter sweep. Three selectable Filter types (Hi Pass, Band Pass, and Low Pass) and a frequency range of 100 Hz +É 4 KHz allow the AF-9 to function with virtually any instrument or input signal.
From simple wah-wah's to outer-space noises, the AF-9 provides the most desirable swept filter effects in a compact, user-friendly package.
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Input Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms
- Output Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output: 1
- Residual Noise: -95 dB or less (input shorted IHF-A weighted)
- Filter Frequency: 100 Hz 2 KHz (Low) / 200 Hz 4 KHz (Hig
- Controls: Sensitivity, Peak
- Switch: Normal/Effect (true bypass configuration), Filter LP/BP/HP, Drive Up/Down, Range High/Low
- Power Supply: 9V Manganese dry cell battery (6F22) or special AC adaptor
- Power Voltage: DC9 V (Battery) / DC10 V (AC-adaptor)
- Current Consumption: 17 mA (9 V) / 19 mA (10 V)
- Dimensions (whole): 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H)
- Weight: 580 g
- Accessories: 9V Manganese dry cell battery (S-006P) x 1
Superb service. Recommended.