Maxon CP-9 Pro+ Compressor Pedal
The Maxon CP-9 Pro+ Compressor - One of the most lauded compression circuits of all time placed in one amazing little stompbox, creating the most "effective" compressor yet.
More than a reissue, the Maxon CP-9 Pro+ features a completely redesigned circuit that is vastly superior to the original 1980's model. The CP-9 Pro+ circuit is based around the patented low-noise DBX compression technology that is used in many high-end pro audio products. This circuit combines a high-quality VCA (voltage controlled amplifier) with an RMS (root mean square) sensor, providing a natural attack response while maintaining an extremely low noise floor generally not found in floor-based units.
The CP-9 Pro+ has Threshold, Ratio, and Gain controls that are extremely interactive and allow for a variety of useful applications for the unit. With a maximum compression Ratio of ?:1 (no increase in output level, regardless of level) the Pro+ can be used as a limiter to balance volume levels. At medium Threshold settings a variety of compression effects from "pinched" notes to shimmering, sustained arpeggios can be achieved by simply varying the Ratio and Gain knobs. With a maximum Gain of +30 dB and Threshold set at 1:1 (no compression) the Pro+ can also be used as a clean booster to slam the front end of your amplifier or other effects units. The CP-9 Pro+ has the highest Gain available from a pedal compressor, making it possible to achieve a balanced output at any compression setting. A Reduction status LED accurately displays the degree of the compression effect for the user to see when the unit is engaged.
To offer improved performance, Maxon has added their proprietary DC-DC stabilized voltage converter to this DBX-based compression circuit. The converter takes the 9 volt (+/- 4.5 volts) input power and bumps it up to 18 volts (+/- 9 volts). Operation in this voltage range provides a wider dynamic range than ordinary compressors while allowing maximum head room to prevent input distortion. This fuller frequency response makes the CP-9 Pro+ ideal for use with Bass or Keyboards as well as today's high-gain guitar pickups and electronics.
Like all Maxon 9-Series models, the CP-9 Pro+ features True Bypass Switching using a 4PDT mechanical switch, feeding your amp with direct, unaltered signal when the effect is disengaged.
Simply put, the CP-9 Pro+ is the last compressor you'll ever need to buy
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Input: Jack 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms or less
- Output: Jack 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output: 1
- Switch: Normal/Effect (true bypass configuration)
- Maximum Output: Level 18 dBu (1 KHz)
- Controls: THRESHOLD: 0 dBu TO -40 dBu
- RATIO: 1:1 to ?:1
- GAIN: 0 dB to 30 dB
- Distortion Ratio: 0.01% (1 kHz) at 0 dB output
- Residual Noise: 95 dBu (input shorted, IHF-A weighted)
- Indicator: Normal/Effect LED, Reduction LED (when reduction LED lights, Compression is more than 3 dB)
- Internal Circuit Voltage: Stabilized /-9V DC-DC converter
- Power Supply: 9V Manganese dry cell battery (6F22) or special AC adaptor
- Power Voltage: DC9 V (Battery) / DC10 V (AC-adaptor)
- Current Consumption: 25 mA (9 V) / 23 mA (10 V) at 18 volts
- Battery Life: Panasonic NEO battery 6F22NB Approximately 5.1 Hours @ 77 deg F / 25 Deg C Panasonic
- Alkaline battery 6LF61G Approximately 12.4 hours @ 77 deg F / 25 deg C
- Dimensions: (whole) 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H)
- Weight: 580 g
- Accessories: 9V Manganese dry cell battery (S-006P) x 1