Moog Matriarch Semi-Modular Synthesizer
Moog Matriarch Semi Modular Synthesizer
Moog Matriarch is a patchable 4-note paraphonic analog synthesizer with a built-in Sequencer, Arpeggiator, stereo Ladder Filters, and stereo Analog Delay
Matriarch is an analog synthesizer with an emphasis on imagination. The pinnacle of Moog’s semi-modular family of synthesizers, Matriarch's patchable architecture and classic Moog circuits reward open exploration with endless sonic possibilities and unparalleled analog sound.
Easily create rich harmonic shapes with up to 4 notes of paraphony that can be sequenced, shifted, and stored with Matriarch’s intuitive 256 step sequencer, or stack the analog VCOs to play on a massive 4 oscillator mono synth.
With a deep assortment of synthesis modules based on Bob Moog’s original circuit designs, Matriarch’s 100% analog signal path spans a dynamic sonic vocabulary – from overdriven monophonic bass to gently evolving paraphonic plucks that cycle through waveshapes into a wash of infinite delay trails . Coupling the power of vintage-designed stereo ladder filters, dual Envelope Generators, stereo Analog Delays, and stereo VCAs, Matriarch delivers a multi dimensional sound that empowers the sonic exploration of space and time .
Though Matriarch’s semi-modular design requires absolutely no patching, 90 modular patch points are easily accessible throughout the panel via the included 3.5mm patch cables. This powerful electronic instrument is a highly-versatile addition to any stage or studio that can effortlessly transform from a performance keyboard into a fully modular analog synthesizer at a moment’s notice.
In addition to its standalone function, Matriarch is also an ideal processor of external sound sources and a powerful keyboard front-end for expanding a DFAM, Mother-32, Grandmother, or Eurorack modular system.
Protect your Moog Matriarch with the official Moog SR Series Matriarch Case
- Mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Stereo analog delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
- 256 step sequencer w/ up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. Can be decoupled from Matriarch to independently sequence external gear
- Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random)
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer - no patching required
- 90 modular patch points for endless exploration
- Expressive 49-note Fatar keyboard w/ patchable velocity and aftertouch
- 4 analog oscillators w/ selectable waveshape and hard sync per-oscillator
- Full-range analog LFO with 6 selectable waveshapes
- Dual analog filters with parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP) modes available
- Dual analog ADSR envelopes
- Dual analog VCAs
- 3x bipolar voltage controlled attenuators with ring mod capability
- 2x4 parallel wired unbuffered mults
- Additional simple analog LFO useful for adding modulation to delay, filters and VCAs.
- 1/4“ external audio input for processing guitars, drum machines, and more through Matriarch’s analog circuits
- Stereo ¼” and 3.5mm Eurorack level audio outputs
- Dimensions: 32” (81.28cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
- Weight: 24lbs / 10.89kg
- Oscillators based on the Minimoog
- Mixer based on the classic CP3 module
- Filters based on the classic 904A module
- Envelopes based on the classic 911 module
- VCAs based on the classic 902 module
- Analog Delay based on the MF-104M and 500 Series effects
- TYPE - Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- SOUND ENGINE - 100% Analog
- NUMBER OF KEYS - 49 Full-Size Keys
- TYPE OF KEYS - Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are not hard-wired – available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
- OTHER CONTROLLERS - Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal in to CV out, and Sustain Pedal in
- POLYPHONY - Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic, and 4-Note Paraphonic
- SOUND SOURCES - 4x Analog Oscillators with Selectable Waveforms (Oscillators 2, 3, and 4 support Hard Sync), White Noise Generator, External Input jack.
No upgrades available
beautifully made, very flexible and inspiring analogue synth with great sound quality.
Moog Matriarch, early days yet, but all appears to work well. Good build, no issues with knobs, sliders or buttons. Not used any patch cables yet. Sold my sub 37 to part fund this. The sound of the oscillators are far better on the matriarch, they seem more similar to my old voyager from memory. Think this will be a keeper.