Moog Minitaur Analog Bass Synthesizer
With circuitry based on the legendary Taurus pedals, the foundation of classic tracks from Pink Floyd, through YES to Genesis, the Moog MINITAUR brings you thunderous bottom end in an astonishingly powerful yet diminutive package. Its sonic capabilities are not confined to progressive rock however. Anyone looking for thumping analogue bass or drones should set their sights firmly on MINITAUR. Featuring not one but two Moog oscillators specifically voiced for low end passing through that classic MOOG ladder filter, an analogue audio input for processing any signal you care to process, USB connectivity, plus an editor to access its extensive 'under the hood' capabilities MINITAUR is a tiny (only 8.5" x 5.25" and weighing less than 3lbs) bass power house.
- One knob per function interface for tweaking and creating new sounds on the fly. It also makes live performance a blast.
- Two oscillators with Sawtooth (Original Taurus) and Square wave-shapes for each VCO. Recreate sounds of the original Taurus with sawtooth waves, or create new sounds with square waves or a combination of both.
- 2 Mixer VCAs for VCO levels control of Oscillators 1 and 2.
- Moog Ladder Filter with adjustable resonance delivers classic Taurus 1 and 3 bass and boom.
- Two Minimoog style ADSR Envelope Generators for modulating VCF and VCA. The Decay and Release segments are controlled by the Decay knob, while the Release segment is enabled or disabled via Release On/Off switch.
- Midi-syncable LFO with Controls for Rate, VCO LFO Amount, and VCF LFO Amount
- DIN MIDI and MIDI over USB offer complete control of the Minitaur's sound engine.
- Analog Control inputs for Pitch, Filter, Volume and Gate. Use an EP2 or CV to connect and control MInitaur with everything from Modulars to Moogerfoogers.
- External audio input for processing external audio through the Mixer and Filter section of Minitaur.
- Headphone output with 1/8" connection.
- Compact rugged steel chassis that is built like a tank.