Moog Sound Studio DFAM and Mother-32 Synthesizer
Overview by GAK
Whether you’re a seasoned synth guru or a complete novice, you’ll guaranteed to find inspiration with this Moog Sound Studio. This all-inclusive package provides you with all you need to begin or develop your journey into the intriguing world of analogue synthesis. Grab your favourite pair of headphones or a speaker and get creating!
Two Synths Are Better Than One
With this version of the Moog Sound Studio, you receive two of Moog’s acclaimed analogue synthesizers - the Mother-32 and the DFAM. Whilst these are fantastic synths in their own right, the Moog Sound Studio emphasises the flexible semi-modular aspect of these synths and how they’re a lot more than the sum of their parts.
Classic Moog Sound
The Moog Mother-32 is an expandable and highly intuitive analog monosynth, that condenses the quintessential Moog-sound into a compact form factor. Its powerful, raw sound is perfect for soaring leads, earth-shattering basses and thanks to its comprehensive patch bay - otherworldly effects. With its built-in sequencer, creating inspiring patterns and ideas (which can then be stored for later recall) is an absolute breeze.
The Moog Sound Studio has been engineered to create a symbiosis between the DFAM & Mother-32, making it easy to integrate & patch them together. There’s also another version of the MSS that swaps out the M-32 for the venerable Subharmonicon, which is a totally different beast with its deep 6-tone sound engine and polyrhythmic clock generator.
Combining two of Moog’s groundbreaking synths into one amazing package, the Moog Sound Studio is a great solution if you’re looking for a fun & exciting way to explore analogue synths or need to add that classic Moog sound to your synth arsenal.
- Mother-32 is an intuitive and expandable semi-modular synthesizer that adds raw analog sound, powerful sequencing, and extensive interconnectivity to any creative, electronic, or modular ecosystem. Mother-32 Excels at: Classic analog bass & leads and powerful step-sequencing with pattern memory.
- DFAM (Drummer From Another Mother) is a semi-modular analog percussion synthesizer that empowers an expressive hands-on approach to percussive pattern creation. DFAM Excels at: Rich electronic drum patches and organic analog sequencing that breathes.
- This 4-input analog summing mixer (1/4” IN, 1/8” stereo OUT) features selectable mono or stereo configurations for versatile routing options, and the built-in 3-way power distribution hub supplies power throughout your Moog Sound Studio conveniently from a single power supply. The included instrument cables come in lengths and colours to compliment the system and reduce clutter.
- Conveniently stack both synthesizers and the summing mixer together as one connected system to maximise studio space and orient instruments vertically for optimal interconnectivity.
- The included patch cable organizer connects to the two-tier rack or mounts directly to any wall, keeping patch cables neat and orderly for a hassle-free workflow. A custom set of patch cables has been selected in lengths, colours, and quantities to maximise system patchability.
- Learning synthesis doesn’t have to be intimidating! Included games and educational materials allow the player to explore at their own pace while enjoying the journey. Developed with artists who know these instruments best, these detailed and fun exercises are designed to accelerate your synthesis experience by exploring new skills to support your ongoing synthesis practice – A perfect jumping-off-point for beginners or source of inspiration for the seasoned pro.
- All original artwork, created by Jim Stoten (M32/DFAM) and Philip Lindeman (SUBH/DFAM), has been thoughtfully designed to aid users in the exploration of new imaginative worlds. The characters, poster, and objects that accompany each Moog Sound Studio come together to transform any space into an immersive creative environment.