Moog Sound Studio DFAM and Subharmonicon Synthesizer
Overview by GAK
If you’re looking to delve into the enticing universe of analogue synthesis or are looking for a way to expand your sonic palette, look no further than the Moog Sound Studio. With this fantastic bundle, you’ll have all the tools you’ll need to start exploring a rich analogue world. Pull out your favourite headphones or plug in your speakers of choice and let the Moog Sound Studio take you on an inspirational voyage!
Two Synths Are Better Than One
This iteration of the Moog Sound Studio provides you with two critically acclaimed Moog synths - the Subharmonicon and the DFAM. Whilst these synths are incredible instruments on their own - when combined they sound phenomenal. That’s a huge part of what makes the MSS, melding these two synths together and exploring the semi-modular element to create sounds that have never been heard before.
The Moog Subharmonicon is a paraphonic analog synthesizer that combines a 6-tone sound engine with a multi-layered clock generator. The result is a truly unique instrument that explores the unique relationships between polyrhythms and subharmonics. Thanks to the Subharmonicon’s tactile and intuitive interface, creating rich harmonic textures and evolving patterns couldn’t be easier.
The Moog Sound Studio brings out the best of these two synths by allowing you to easily integrate them and start patching away. The result is a beautifully symbiotic connection between these inspiring tools. There’s another version of the MSS that trades the Subharmonicon for the straightforward power of the Mother-32, which excels at classic Moog patches (singing leads, room-rattling basses etc).
This version of the Moog Sound Studio fuses two of Moog’s astounding semi-modular synths into a tantalising package that makes using them in tandem a breeze. It’s an exciting way to get into exploring the depths of analogue synthesis and if you’re more experienced, it can be an inspiring jumping-off point for new ideas.
- Subharmonicon is a semi-modular polyrhythmic analog synthesizer that employs a 6-tone sound engine and multi-layered clock generator to explore the world of subharmonics, polyrhythms, and the unique relationships they create. Subharmonicon Excels at: Unique subharmonic chord shapes and intricate polyrhythmic sequencing.
- DFAM (Drummer From Another Mother) is a semi-modular analog percussion synthesizer that empowers an expressive hands-on approach to percussive pattern creation. DFAM Excels at: Rich electronic drum patches and organic analog sequencing that breathes.
- This 4-input analog summing mixer (1/4” IN, 1/8” stereo OUT) features selectable mono or stereo configurations for versatile routing options, and the built-in 3-way power distribution hub supplies power throughout your Moog Sound Studio conveniently from a single power supply. The included instrument cables come in lengths and colours to compliment the system and reduce clutter.
- Conveniently stack both synthesizers and the summing mixer together as one connected system to maximise studio space and orient instruments vertically for optimal interconnectivity.
- The included patch cable organizer connects to the two-tier rack or mounts directly to any wall, keeping patch cables neat and orderly for a hassle-free workflow. A custom set of patch cables has been selected in lengths, colours, and quantities to maximise system patchability.
- Learning synthesis doesn’t have to be intimidating! Included games and educational materials allow the player to explore at their own pace while enjoying the journey. Developed with artists who know these instruments best, these detailed and fun exercises are designed to accelerate your synthesis experience by exploring new skills to support your ongoing synthesis practice – A perfect jumping-off-point for beginners or source of inspiration for the seasoned pro.
- All original artwork, created by Jim Stoten (M32/DFAM) and Philip Lindeman (SUBH/DFAM), has been thoughtfully designed to aid users in the exploration of new imaginative worlds. The characters, poster, and objects that accompany each Moog Sound Studio come together to transform any space into an immersive creative environment.