Moog Subsequent 37 Paraphonic Analogue Synthesizer
Moog Subsequent 37 Product Overview by GAK
Building on the success of the impressive Sub 37 Tribute Edition, the Subsequent 37 features all the award winning controls and features of it's predecessor combined with a beautiful new design.
The synth features a 37 note keybed, with lightweight keys, swift action and aftertouch.
The brand new sound engine means that you're blessed with richer low end and greater sonic dimension than ever before. There's also increased headroom, greatly enhancing duo mode. There are 256 presets onboard, split between 16 banks of 16 patches.
You also get Moog's fantastic software editor with the unit which can be used as a plugin in your DAW of choice or as a standalone editor.
Moog Product Overview
The Subsequent 37 is a (2-note) paraphonic analog synthesizer that builds upon the award-winning design of the ultra-powerful Sub 37 Tribute Edition. Its control panel is home to 40 knobs and 74 switches, placing a vast array of analog sound-design tools and onboard sequencing options immediately at your command. The Subsequent 37 improves upon its source through the implementation of a number of user-requested sonic and functional enhancements. Each enhancement maintains the magic and character of its predecessor while also providing access to new dimensions of sound and improved playability.
The Subsequent 37 mixer section has double the headroom of that in the Sub 37 Tribute Edition. This provides access to a new range of classic clean tones in both mono and duo performance modes. Leveraging the mixer’s newfound flexibility, gain-staging in the Ladder filter has been reshaped to boost harmonic saturation and analog compression, resulting in an overall richer low end. Completing the sonic evolution of the Subsequent 37 is a re-tuned Multidrive circuit that extends well beyond the grit and growl of the original Sub 37.
In addition to the sound engine augmentation, each Subsequent 37 comes with an upgraded keybed for improved playability, a high-powered headphone amplifier strong enough to drive the most demanding headphones, and a software plugin/editor for both Windows and Mac platforms.
- SUB 37 DESIGN – All the controls and features found on the Sub 37 Tribute Edition
- SOUND ENGINE EVOLUTION – Richer low end and greater sonic dimension
- MORE MULTIDRIVE – Wider range and dirtier than ever before
- ROOM FOR TWO - More headroom means Duo mode sounds even better
- 37 NOTE KEYBED – Lightweight with swift action and aftertouch.
- HIGH-POWER HEADPHONE PORT – Cue up your next sound in the loudest of venues.
- EXTENSIVE MODULATION AND SEQUENCING - 2 assignable mod busses, 2 DAHDSR looping envelopes and an ultra-powerful arpeggiator/sequencer
- 256 PRESETS - 16 banks of 16 patches
- FREE SOFTWARE EDITOR – Works as a DAW plugin or as a standalone editor
- SOUND ENGINE: 100% Analog
- POLYPHONY: Selectable Monophonic or Paraphonic
- KEYBED: 37-note Semi-weighted with After Pressure
- LCD: 128 X 64 pixel LCD with white backlight
- CONTROLLERS: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, After Pressure, Velocity
- SOUND SOURCES: 2 Variable Waveshape Oscillators, 1 Square Wave Sub Oscillator, 1 Analog Noise Generator, 1 External Input/Filter Feedback
- OSCILLATOR CALIBRATION RANGE: 22Hz-6.8KHz. Note range at 8’ = 18 - 116
- GLIDE MODULE: Assign to Osc1/Osc2/Both. Type - LCR, LCT, EXP, Gated, Legato
- FILTER: 20Hz-20KHz Moog Ladder Filter w/ 6/12/18/24 dB/Oct Filter Slopes and MultiDrive
- TRANSPOSITION: +/- 2 Octaves
- ARPEGGIATOR/SEQUENCER: Up, Down, Order, Random, Latching, Back/Forth, Invert, +/-2 Range, Tie, Rest, MIDI Sync, 64-note sequencer
- SOURCES: LFO (Triange, Square, Saw, Ramp, Sample & Hold), Filter EG/PGM
- PROGRAMMABLE SOURCES: Amp Env, Constant ON, Sine LFO, Noise LFO, Osc 1 Pitch, Osc 2 Pitch, Seq Note, Seq Vel, and Seq Mod.
- DESTINATIONS: Osc 1 Pitch, Osc 2, Osc 1 & 2 Pitch, Filter, LFO Rate, VCA Level, Osc 1 Wave, Osc 2 Wave, Osc 1 & 2 Wave, Noise Level, EG Time/PGM
- LFO PANEL FEATURES: Hi/Low Range from .01Hz–1kHz, MIDI Sync, KB Reset
- ENVELOPES: DAHDSR Envelopes with Multi-Trigger, Reset, Looping, MIDI Sync, Latch, and Variable control of EG Delay, Hold, Velocity Amount, KB Tracking.
No upgrades available
Amazingly powrful synth, this will take years to delve into
Fantastic Synth. Well happy.
This thing is a beast! It covers all my bass needs
Tight synth with a loooot of character and grits. Amazing for live performance yet smooth integration with Mac and helpful vst app editor.